BK Shorts Professional Web

Hello,
Looking for a report generator for my web app.
Need some info about BKS. Is there an editor to prepare a report layout and then incorporate BKS objects to the app in order to use it? I cant understand the logic and the related video is in reference with desktop apps
At the moment I want to put my data in an A4 webpage and print it out using browser print command.
Later I am thinking to present the data in a pdf to produce more advanced reports.
Thanks

The core of BKeeney Shorts is usable in both Web and Desktop projects. If you want to design a report visually, you can use the desktop Visual Report Designer to design the template. Visually designed templates can be run but not edited in a web app. Reports designed in code run on both targets. There are no existing visual report designers for Xojo Web.

BKeeney Shorts is delivered with example projects that show the different aspects of the product. The web project shows how to integrate the Shorts Viewer into a web app. The desktop project has the Visual Report Designer, desktop Shorts Viewer, and examples for some of the advanced features. The documentation is available at https://bkeeney.com/shortsdoc

[quote=426483:@Michael Batakis]At the moment I want to put my data in an A4 webpage and print it out using browser print command.
Later I am thinking to present the data in a pdf to produce more advanced reports.
[/quote]
With the variations between web browsers it would be more reliable to generate a report as a PDF. I might suggest you take this approach as a “version 1.0” rather than relying on the webpage sizing. The good news is that BKeeney Shorts comes with a module that will render the report to PDF using MBS DynaPDF plugin.

We do almost all our reports with DynaPDFMBS. It lets the user see the report then it can be printed if needed. The Starter version has all the functions we need.

Appreciate your quick answer. Thanks!
Bought DynaPDFMBS StarterKit