Two title bars on Mojave

I noticed an end-user of my Mac desktop app had a double title bar (one just below the other) in Mojave but not on any of their other Macs.

App was compiled in Xojo 2018 r3 and again in Xojo 2018 r4 with the same result.

I have buttons along the bottom of the window which were cut off because the second title bar lowered all of the window content, however the window was able to be resized to include the buttons and then the window size was locked in place again.

Has anybody else had this happen?

if it is what I think it it is… just add this to the APP OPEN event of your code

//
// Disable auto tabbing in Sierra and above
#If TargetCocoa
Declare Function NSClassFromString Lib "Cocoa" (s As CFStringRef) As Ptr
Declare Function NSSelectorFromString Lib "Cocoa" (s As CFStringRef) As Ptr
Declare Sub setAllowsAutomaticWindowTabbing Lib "Cocoa" selector "setAllowsAutomaticWindowTabbing:" (cls As Ptr, ena As Boolean)
Declare Function respondsToSelector Lib "Cocoa" selector "respondsToSelector:" (p As Ptr, sel As Ptr) As Boolean
Dim nswCls As Ptr = NSClassFromString ("NSWindow")
If respondsToSelector (nswCls, NSSelectorFromString ("setAllowsAutomaticWindowTabbing:")) Then
setAllowsAutomaticWindowTabbing (nswCls, False)
End If
#EndIf

I’ll try it. Thanks!

If it is the tabBar, I’ll still never understand why Apple added by default to applications, forcing many to have to add code to disable it. It should have been the other way around, off by default and only enabled when the developer is ready.

I never understood its purpose period. But that snippet goes in every app I write now…

You can also just change the menu’s title from “View” to "View " and the option goes away:

With the title of “View”:

With the Title of "View " (View SPACE):