Find My Current WiFi Access Point

I am trying to create a MacBook laptop tracker (for loaned out equipment) to determine which WiFi access point a computer is connected to. This would run on that computer and “report back” the BSSID or some other WiFi access point identifier. This is a meshed network so every access point has the same SSID so that won’t work.

The BSSID seems like it is the MAC Address for the connection on the Access Point but of course the access point will have multiple BSSID’s.

The command line AIRPORT utility with the -I switch will return the current connected BSSID but how can I figure out the list of BSSID’s associated with each access point?

If I could do the same in Windows it would be nice but not essential.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT: Wikipedia to the rescue. It appears that the BSSID is unique to an access point.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_set_(802.11_network)#Basic_service_set_identification_.28BSSID.29

@Mark Strickland — The airport utility works fine to get BSSID and SSID but it is hidden in a private network (if that makes a difference for you)

$ /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Apple80211.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/airport -I agrCtlRSSI: -26 agrExtRSSI: 0 agrCtlNoise: -84 agrExtNoise: 0 state: running op mode: station lastTxRate: 117 maxRate: 217 lastAssocStatus: 0 802.11 auth: open link auth: wpa2-psk BSSID: e4:9e:32:a9:76:ec SSID: Freebox-***** MCS: 14 channel: 8

For windows:

netsh wlan show interfaces