Open encrypted SQLite database with DB Browser

I’m trying to open an SQLITE database with DB Browser for SQLite so I can run some error checks on it.
When I’m prompted for a password I enter my encryption key used to open the file in my app. But the password won’t open it.
DB Browser only asks for the password and page size which is set at 1024 by default.
Am I doing something wrong or is there a better program out there for this purpose?

@Craig Grech — Well the latest release 3.11.0 has been pulled because of encryption problems on 11th February 2019. Could it be your case?

I am using 3.10.1 but I’ve tried several times in the last 12 months with no success.
I normally work-around by starting my app and setting a breakpoint after it unlocks the file with the password.
Then while the app is paused used the DB browser to view the unlocked file but in this case the database is corrupt and the app won’t get to that point.

using sqlite with multiples users :wink: ???

No it’s a desktop app.

Bear in mind that there are multiple encryption schemas that can be employed with SQLite, so if it was encrypted with one method, then perhaps the app uses another.

@Craig Grech — Do you use an ASCII password?

Yes that’s probably it.
Can anyone recommend a compatible program that can open an Xojo SQLite encrypted database?
I use “DB Browser For SQLite” for unencrypted database and it’s works fine.
A great tool for quick checks for data writes when debugging or testing SQL before using it in the program.

Yes, no special characters. It’s a local file and is only to prevent curious tampering by the owner.

my Tadpole app will open an encrypted SQLite database… assuming it was encrypted using the same method that Xojo uses

if the contents isn’t sensitive, and you want to send to to me, I will verify if it can or cannot

[quote=425213:@Dave S]my Tadpole app will open an encrypted SQLite database… assuming it was encrypted using the same method that Xojo uses

if the contents isn’t sensitive, and you want to send to to me, I will verify if it can or cannot[/quote]
I will just need to get the owners permission first.

SQLiteManager by SQLabs can open encrypted SQLite databases

[quote=425215:@Paul Sondervan]Paul Sondervan 4 hours ago Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (Netherlands, Den Haag)

SQLiteManager by SQLabs can open encrypted SQLite databases[/quote]
Thanks, that’s a much better program and it does open encrypted Xojo SQLite databases. It should, it’s written in Xojo :slight_smile:
Unfortunately the corrupt one won’t open but at least I know it’s nothing to do with the password.

I think it’s a worthwhile investment to purchase the full version of SQLiteManager.
It is so much easier to build and execute complex SQL queries in a program like this rather than continually running your app in debug mode to see if you get the results you want.

yep …
or make your own ?