Xojo web question.

1. 3 months ago

Hello,

I tried the trial version of xojo a few years ago, and I tried the lastest version.

The xojo web does't seem to have many improvement, I was not impress from the last version, there's no seem to have different theme, always the same Apple look. they use the same web demo since a few years... does xojo web is dead ?

My compagny build 70% of the time web application, I wonder if xojo can handle big web application. It's for this reason that I never bought this environement tools. with many other technologie like html5 etc... , I wonder if Cgi is the right path for web developpement.

I don't know also if we can build Android app. one of my customer ask me if I can build Android app that communicate with his Extranet database, I don't know if Xojo is capable of that.... he have over 1000,000 orders that he need to display on his extranet, I don't know if Xojo web is capable of.

Thanks.

2. Alberto D

Feb 16 Pre-Release Testers

Information from other threads and blogposts: they are working on a new version of Xojo web, and Android support. Both not available yet. Xojo doesn't promise release dates.

3. @Frank L — Hi Frank. I do not think you are looking in the right direction with Xojo. It is a common language for different platforms and that makes it slow to adopt new technologies and it must keep a kind of lower-common-denominator approach. I do not think this is what you are looking for.

4. Ivan T

Feb 16 Pre-Release Testers

@Frank L does xojo web is dead ?

Maybe not death, but, stuck with almost no changes since they first release. So, it is really limited and outdated.

They are working on the Xojo Web 2 with modern interface, more controls and powerfull, but, that was announced more than a year ago, and nowadays we still not have a release date. Same thing for Android support.

Also remember, fist release, and sometimes for almost a year (Like windows with the Xojo 2018), the product is not stable or ready for production.

So, if you need a solution right now for that proyect, look elsewere.

or Sign Up to reply!