Application won't run inside Virtual Box

My application runs fine on a Linux Mint Cinnamon install on my Hard Drive but won’t launch in the exact same install in VirtualBox.
All the same options and locations are used and Run As Executable is checked.
Double-click the application file, nothing happens.
Can you think of anything I’ve missed.

I don’t run Xojo on Mint but I have found it’s sometimes necessary with Linux to provide executable permissions to the folder in which the file is located, not just the file itself. As to the possible differences, do you have Xojo installed on the host but not the VM by any chance?

xojo app under linux needs certain libraries. if not present, the app simply quits.
see system requirements on xojo documentation web site.

Try running your app from a Terminal session and see if there any messages.
Perhaps also try 'ldd ’ and see what pops out.

My suspicion is libunwind. You also don’t indicate which release of Mint you are running.

[quote=424678:@Jean-Yves Pochez]xojo app under linux needs certain libraries. if not present, the app simply quits.
see system requirements on xojo documentation web site.[/quote]
Exactly the same installation from the same DVD onto the same computer.
One installation on a separate Hard Disk, the other in a VM on a Windows drive.

[quote=424771:@Craig Grech]Exactly the same installation from the same DVD onto the same computer.
One installation on a separate Hard Disk, the other in a VM on a Windows drive.[/quote]
Have you tried Robin’s suggestion and run the app from a Terminal?

Did the VM have internet access during the install? It might have self patched on the bare metal but not in the VM?

I think you are right. There wasn’t Internet access while installing because I didn’t set up my wireless adapter until it completed. I did upgrade the OS but who knows what might be still missing.
I tried the terminal idea but no message displayed.
Thanks everyone, I’ll leave it at that.