compiling 64-bit on Linux

I am using the IDE on Linux (Mint 18 XFCE) to compile for Mac, Windows and Linux.
When I compile for 32-bit (for the 3 platforms) it works everytime without issue.
When I compile for 64-bit, sometimes the IDE crashes (no crash logs or anything, just disappears). When I say sometimes it is more than 50% of the time.

Am I the only one that this is happening to or is this a known issue/thing.
And before anyone at Xojo asks, no I have not filed a feedback report yet. I want to make sure it is an issue before I do. Especially as there are no log files to collect.

thanks all, time for bed.
–sb

PS> this is Xojo 2018 R4 with only the Xojo supplied plugins (and half of those removed).

you can run Xojo with gdb from command line.
Than when it crashes, use “bt” command to get stack trace, so you have some details to report.

We only compile 64-bit Linux Web or Console and don’t have any problems with it.

[quote=424063:@Christian Schmitz]you can run Xojo with gdb from command line.
Than when it crashes, use “bt” command to get stack trace, so you have some details to report.[/quote]

never thought of gdb. thanks!

I got an empty stack when I tried it.

so I am still still stuck where I was. I will probably just turn off that machine and let it sit for a few days and see if behaves differently later.

thanks everyone!
–sb

Which sub-release of Mint 18 is this? I had issues with Mint 18.0, but since updating that system to Mint 18.2, no more IDE crashes. Things are still slower than on Mint 19.1, but compiles are stable.

from /etc/os-release

NAME="Linux Mint"
VERSION="18.3 (Sylvia)"
ID=linuxmint
ID_LIKE=ubuntu"
PRETTY_NAME="18.3"

Strange - I’ve not seen a compiler issue with 18.2, 18.3, or 19.1. Is this a real system or a VM? If a VM, how much RAM and how many cores do you have assigned?

both physical laptop and VMW VM

• Laptop is single socket, dual core, 8 gig ram
  • VMW VM on ESXi 6.5, 2 vCPUs, 8gig ram (tried both 6 & 8gig)
  • VMW VM on VMW Fusion (on a Mac Pro, 10.13.6) with 2 vCPUs and 6gig ram.

I might blow away the VMs and redo them. redoing that laptop is a PITA so that is a last resort. Again I do believe it is a PEBCAK issue and not really Xojo. Thanks everyone for your help!
–sb