XML Error ignore and skip

1. 3 months ago

Aurelian N

Jan 28 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

Hello ,

so I have a project that reads a bunch of .xml files and parses the data from them, it seems that on some of them there are errors and I want when I catch something like this to skip over and ignore the error and jump to the next file.

Try
      Xml.LoadXml(f)
    Catch err As KeyNotFoundException
      P5FVal = P5FVal + 1
    End Try

Code is something like above, the problem is that in the project when I run in Xojo I get error and stopping the code on

Xml.LoadXml(f)

then it stops and then I have to press resume so that I can run the rest.

By doing that it seems that the code runs again and all is processed if no other errors.

IS there a way to ignore that and skip the file ? even thinking to move the file in another folder like corruptedFiles or something like that .

Thanks.

2. Jean-Yves P

Jan 28 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (France, Besançon)

may be it's because you have "break on exception" checked under the project menu ?

3. Aurelian N

Jan 28 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

@Jean-YvesPochez may be it's because you have "break on exception" checked under the project menu ?

Good point , I will have to check on that .

Thanks.

4. Tim P

Jan 28 Pre-Release Testers Austin, TX
    Edited 3 months ago

Jean-Yves is likely correct, and you can disable it on a method by method basis with #pragma BreakOnExceptions false.
    http://docs.xojo.com/Pragma_Directives

(this lets you keep that very useful feature on, but disable it for methods in which you do expect and handle them)

or Sign Up to reply!