My Apps don't start correctly since a while?!

1. 4 weeks ago

Hans-Jürgen M

Jan 28 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (Germany)

I've written 2 apps with xojo a few month ago. Since a while (some weeks?) the apps don't start correctly.
    The wondering issue about that is: when i start the apps they disappear immediately after showing the launch screen.
    When i look into the running apps (swiping up on my iPhoneX) it shows the main view of the app, but i'm not able to bring it to the foreground.

Has anyone an idea?
    I tried to compile it again (Xojo 2018r4, Xcode 10.1) but the behavior isn't different.

Thanks in advance.

2. Greg O

Jan 28 Xojo Inc

That sounds like the app is crashing.

Did you change versions of xojo recently?

3. James M

Jan 28 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

Have to restarted the iOS device?

4. Hans-Jürgen M

No, the last change was 2018r3 and...
    Yes i restarted the device several times.

After fail, i recompiled it with 2018r4 but no changes in behavior .

5. Hans-Jürgen M

The app works absolute correct with different devices in sumulator and there are no errors regarding the app in the device log.

6. Antonio R

Jan 28 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (Italy)

If you see this on your devices (IE for not published apps), probably you have redownload (refresh) your provisioning profile.

Probably it is expired.

7. Hans-Jürgen M

Thanks Antonio, i'll check this out.

8. 3 weeks ago

Hans-Jürgen M

Feb 1 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (Germany)

Sorry for my late reply, but i was very busy with an other project.
    I followed your advice and refreshed the provisioning profile but no success. After that i created new profiles but with no effect.
    I use the iOsLib and found some warnings that some functions are not 64Bit savvy. Could this cause this Problem?

9. Jeremie L

Feb 1 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Europe (France) - getpackr.io
    Edited 3 weeks ago

When you plug your iPhone to your Mac and open Xcode, you should be able to see the crash logs in the Devices view (Xcode menu > Window > Devices and Simulators)

You will need to check the crash logs to see what is happening.

@Hans-Jürgen Müller I use the iOsLib and found some warnings that some functions are not 64Bit savvy. Could this cause this Problem?

The apps would have crashed since the beginning if this was the problem.

10. Hans-Jürgen M

Feb 3 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (Germany)

The crashlog shows no entries. The App doesn‘t Crash , it seems that it goes immediately into the background. If i swipe up (iPhoneX) to see all active apps it is shown but i can‘t get it into the foreground?!

11. Jeremie L

Feb 3 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Europe (France) - getpackr.io

Then that must be an expired certificate issue for an app that wasn't built for the app store

or Sign Up to reply!