Einhugur Plugin Releases (2019)

(Making new thread for 2019 since the old is quite long)

TimeControl 7.1 for Xojo is out

New in version 7.1:

• Added Xojo 2018r4 compatibility.

TimeControl is a plugin control to offer time control user interface input element for desktop platforms.

More info at www.einhugur.com

DateControl 7.6 is out

New in 7.6:
Fixed macOS problem with the drop down control where the control was getting unwanted vibrancy effect in dark mode when used with Xojo 2018r4.
Fixed macOS problem where the control frame was technically upside down but it was hard to spot it.

DateControl is a Xojo Plugin control to select dates. The control has broad platform support and supports NULL (empty dates), Min and Max dates and more.

WindowSplitter 9.4 is out.

New in 9.4:
Did handling of container controls much better on Windows systems

WindowSplitter 9.4.2 is out.

New in 9.4.2:

• Fixed issue on Windows systems when using Xojo 2018r4 where splitter was abnormally thick.
  • Fixed issue on Windows systems where in some cases use of the splitter would make the menu bar disappear until window got deactivated and activated again.

SearchControl plugin for Xojo 2.1.6 is out

New in 2.1.6:

• Added EscapeKey to the SearchControlSpecialKey enum.
  • Fixed strangeness on Windows and Linux which sometimes could cause search control not to show correct value.

The SearchControl is a Xojo plugin control to represent search user interface functionality.

PictureEffectsRaw 4.3 is out

The PictureEffectsRaw plugin enables you to do advanced image processing in Xojo using up to 8 CPU cores at once. And some of the effects can also do it in asynchronous mode.

New in version 4.3:
* Added ImageComparerRaw class. (8 bit per channel, 16 bit per channel, RGB, CMYK, synchronous and asynchronous)

(PS. We plan to push out also new TypeLib version this weekend to fix a small flaw that a user pointed out.)

TypeLib 9.3 is out.

New in version 9.3:
Fixed memory leak in RawBitmapConverter.FromPicture method when converting Xojo picture that has mask.
Fixed memory leak in RawBitmapConverterConsole.FromPicture method when converting picture that has mask.
Improved Alpha channel handling in RawBitmapConverter.FromPicture method when Xojo picture has Alhpa channel.
Added Convert method to the RawBitmap class to convert between RawBitmap formats.

For those who do not know then TypeLib is support plugin that many of our plugins use internally.

DateControl 7.6.2 and ErrorProvider 2.6.2 are out

New in DateControl 7.6.2:
*Fixed issue in macOS non drop down mode where it was possible to force invalid date.
*ChangedValue event is no longer fired in macOS mode when in non drop down mode if it is detected that nothing actually changed due to constraints.

New in ErrorProvider 2.6.2:
Turned on Transparent on the display canvas under Xojo 2018 or later.

DateControl is a Xojo Plugin control to select dates. The control has broad platform support and supports NULL (empty dates), Min and Max dates and more.

The ErrorProvider plugin is a Xojo plugin to put error providers on forms and windows.

A error provider is a blinking indicator that indicates that a given field has a error. They’re used to indicate errors in user input after form or window validation.

The error provider can show errors for many controls at once with just one instance of the error provider.

TreeView 7.7.4 is out

New in version 7.7.4:
Replaced HITheme rendering based scrollbar on macOS with native Cocoa scrollbar to prepare for dark-mode support in the TreeView.
Added GetTextOffset function to the TreeViewNode class.
Added GetNodeTopEdge function to the TreeView control.
Adjusted the ScrollNodeToView method a bit.
Added BeforeDragOverHighlight event to the TreeView control.
Added PartValues enum to get rid of external weak bound constants and also extra dll.
Added MeasureValues enum to get rid of external weak bound constants and also extra dll.
Added HeaderImageAlignmentValues enum get rid of external weak bound constants and also extra dll.
Changed the GetMeasure to take the new enum instead of external integer constant (note your project may need minor migration here)
Changed the NodeFromPoint to take the new enum instead of external integer constant (note your project may need minor migration here)
Changed the ColumnHeaderImageAlignment getter and setter methods to use the new enum instead of external integer constant (note your project may need minor migration here).

The TreeView is a Xojo control plugin to create tree views.

Python3Script Plugin 2.5 for Xojo is out.

This plugin is to empower your Xojo Applications by making them Python Scriptable or to be able to access API’s or Libraries from your favorite environment, Xojo, that only exist on Python.

This plugin is to make your Xojo Application Python 3.x scriptable. But we have other plugin for 2.7 scriptability.

New in this version:
[i]* Have started to turn around the class model a bit to be able to support more complex * Cstructures, like dictionaries of dictionaries, lists of dictionaries, and other such. Some old syntax may need minor migration.

• Added Python3EntityBase class.
  • Added Python3Entity class.
  • Added Python3List class.
  • Added Python3Bytes class.
  • Added IsBytes function to the Python3Result class.
  • Added BytesValue function to the Python3Result class.
  • Added FromBytes shared method to the Python3Result class.
  • Added GetKeys function to the Python3Dictionary class.
  • Added BytesValue function to the Python3Parameters class.
  • Added DictionaryValue function to the Python3Parameters class.
  • Added IsDictionary function to the Python3Parameters class.
  • Added TupleValue function to the Python3Parameters class.
  • Added IsTuple function to the Python3Parameters class.
  • Python3Dictionary now has different interface to access its values. (Migration needed in your projects)
  • The plugin can now also automatically load some newer versions of Python 3 than before.[/i]

TypeLibF 2.6 is out

TypeLibF is Xojo plugin to define some types and support other Einhugur Plugins.

The TypeLibF also defines some handy 3D vector classes and other geometry objects

New in version 2.6:
Added new variation of the Draw method to the RectF class that takes WebGraphics as graphics context.
Added new variation of the Fill method to the RectF class that takes WebGraphics as graphics context.
Added new variation of the Draw method to the LineF class that takes WebGraphics as graphics context.
Added new variation of the Draw method to the PolygonF class that takes WebGraphics as graphics context.
Added new variation of the DrawPath method to the PolygonF class that takes WebGraphics as graphics context.
Added new variation of the Fill method to the PolygonF class that takes WebGraphics as graphics context.

JSON Plugin II 1.0 is out

So What is it ? why new JSON plugin ?

First off we are not discontinuing the old JSON Plugin. That one is built on library that is built for speed. That library is no longer maintained so will never get any new enhancements under the hood. Also that library sacrificed highest end unicode letters for speed.

The new plugin is built on top of state of the art Janson JSON library. That has all the modern ways, supports full unicode and can do many things the old one cannot. We can also take Xojo Variants and dictionaries directly and make JSON structures from them.

Its been requested for long time that we do something about the highest end unicode letters so this is our response to that.

TypeLib 9.3.2 is out

New in version 9.3.2:
Fixed problem in the RawBitmapConverter class where it was loosing DPI settings of the image when converting to RawBitmap.
Fixed problem in the RawBitmapConverterConsole class where it was loosing DPI settings of the image when converting to RawBitmap.

For those who do not know then TypeLib is support plugin that many of our plugins use internally, including our multi core image processing libraries, Excel exporter, PDF Generator and more plugins.

CalendarControl 7.5 is out

New in version 7.5:

• Added macOS Mojave dark mode support.
  • Removed all dependencies on old style HITheme.

CalendarControl is different kind of date representation than our main DateControl.

[quote=433390:@Björn Eiríksson]JSON Plugin II 1.0 is out
[/quote]

First calling with as JSONObject.GetSource(true), or False for that matter, DOES NOT return compact output for me… I don’t know if I am doing anything wrong or if you have a bug… but I can’t seem to get compact output

yes there is a notable difference! In fact I’m my usage for serializing, In an gressively complied 64 it app it is about half the speed of Ken’s JSONItem_MTC class which is written entirely in xojo code , almost 8 times slower than Xojo.Data.GenerateJSON and 6 times slower than the old class!

I really like the speed of the old one… What do you mean by that and what other issues might there be because it is older?

While the new one is more flexible/easier to code for sure, the only issue i found with the old one is that I did not see a workaround for was a standard compliant way to support null values (and for may usage I need that)… maybe you can add that to it? (or is there a way that I missed?)

Which certainly nice… not sure if it is nice enough to make up for the speed difference!

• karen

Old one will never support things like high unicode symbols like musical notes and other such. Its tradeoff they did for the speed I believe. Speed difference was to be expected when going industrial standard full compliance in every way. There are many ways to use the new one though and not every way will be same speed, since it includes higher and lower level APIs where often you can do it in either way.

On the question with compact or not then I thought we have example that can show compact and not compact ?

CalendarControl 7.5.1 is out

New in 7.5.1:
Fixed crash issue on Windows and Linux systems.

As promised to some users then I will also have update for the PDF Plugin and Excel Reader later on today.

PDF Plugin 1.9 is out.

The PDF Plugin is to generate PDF documents from your applications.

The plugin supports:

Embedding TrueType fonts
Automatic encoding detection and mapping to PDF stock encodings.
Images (stored as Raw, for example PNG), JPEG (stored as JPEG).
Clickable links from the PDF document to web pages.
Clickable links from the PDF document to different locations within the PDF document.
Clickable zones to get text annotations in popup bubbles.
Advanced drawing.
Compression.
Setting up the PDF outline tree.
PDF Coordinates with Y1 at bottom or Xojo Coordinates with Y1 at top.
And countless other features…

New in 1.9:
Added TextRectMeasure function to the Page class.
Fixed issue with both the MeasureText functions where they were returning number of bytes instead of number of characters which can be very different thing depending on encoding and content.
Fixed issue with the length parameter on TextRect sand TextRectBaseline functions where the length ByRef parameter was returning number of bytes instead of number of characters which can be very different thing depending on encoding and content.
Fixed crash when asking for stock font with automatic encoding.
Added SetRGBFill method for setting RGB fill color with full precision.
Added SetRGBSTroke method for setting RGB stroke color with full precision.

I did not realize that when you set compact = true that you still needed to set indent to 0 to get the most compact form.

I thought once compact was set the indent parameter would be ignored.

• karen