PostgreSQL Error on insert into

ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

sqlInsert = " INSERT INTO journal (amount, socionum, lastbalance, userid, debito, credito, transtype, paytype, payinfo, fdate, numrecibo, stationnum, refid) " _

• " VALUES (" + format(v_amount,"###,#0.00") + “, '” + v_socionum + “’,” +Str( lastbalance) + “,’” + v_userid + “’,” _
  • Format(v_debito,"###,#0.00") + “,” + Format(v_credito,"###,#0.00") + “,’” + v_transtype + “’,’” + v_paytype + “’,’” + v_payinfo + “’, '” + fdate.SQLDate + “’,’” + v_numrecibo + “’,” + v_stationnum + “,” + v_RefID +" )"

any idea what is the problem.

it run perfect on the pgadmin query but no on XOJO

so if you copy the content of generated sqlinsert string-variable into PG-admin it works ?

would you mind show us the string for the sql statement after all the values is included?

Yes joost Rongen

I think the commas in the number formats may be the problem.

INSERT INTO journal (amount, socionum, lastbalance, userid, debito, credito, transtype, paytype, payinfo, fdate, numrecibo, stationnum, refid) VALUES (21.45, ‘000638’,-56.11,‘Admin’,0.00,21.45,‘C’,‘Cash’,’’, ‘2019-01-10’,‘23’,916,0 )

ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

[quote=420819:@Alexis Colon Lugo]
ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block[/quote]
if the transaction is already aborted, all following commands (correct or not) are ignored and you get the error mentioned. So if you are looking for the problem, you have to look to the error that happened before the mentioned one, with a query earlier in the same transaction. To recover, you can only ROLLBACK or ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT if such exists.

Demo:

[code]$ psql -X
psql (10.5)
Type “help” for help.

user=# begin;
BEGIN
user=# select ‘ok’;
?column?

ok
(1 row)

user=# select error;
ERROR: column “error” does not exist
LINE 1: select error;
^
user=# select ‘ok’;
user=# select error;
user=# rollback;
ROLLBACK
user=# begin;
BEGIN
user=# select ‘ok’;
?column?

ok
(1 row)

user=# savepoint sp;
SAVEPOINT
user=# select error;
ERROR: column “error” does not exist
LINE 1: select error;
^
user=# select ‘ok’;
user=# rollback to savepoint sp;
ROLLBACK
user=# select ‘ok’;
?column?

ok
(1 row)

user=# commit;
COMMIT
[/code]

After the DB.SQLExecute check the db.error property and if true see what the db.ErrorMessage is. It will almost always tell you exactly what the error is from the database perspective.

error code 3

hola alexis… la consulta es parte de una transaccion? en caso de que si… podrias ejecutar la consulta de forma individual (no como parte de una transaccion) desde xojo e indicarme que mensaje de error aparece exactamente?

db.ErrorMessage. I don’t care what the error code is as that tells me nothing.

thanks to all help, i found the error
the problem was data type on postgres i send value 0 and have to be false

Well, the errormessage is “ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block”. That’s exactly what the server returns in the scenario that Tobias showed.