Can we have an new category: UI Design?

1. 3 weeks ago

Steve K

Jan 6 Melbourne, Australia

I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement, but I think it would be useful to have another category on this forum: UI Design.

It doesn't have to be OS dependent, but just a simple place to flesh out non-coding ideas.

Example:

• How do these colours look together
    • What button do you think the user will select next
    • If I put this Window here, does it make sense
    • How can I make it all look neat

These things can easily be overlooked, but can (in my view), if implemented carefully, make the difference between a successful implementation of a "sellable" software solution.

How the potential User interacts with our application is important. Afterall, isn't that the reason why we develop an application? We want to make things easier/quicker/smarter for the user. Otherwise, why and what are we doing it for?

If enough people agree with this, then maybe the Xojo Forum Administrators could make the change.

I think it would be a useful addition.

2. Ivan T

Jan 6 Pre-Release Testers

In the FeedBack, you can create a new Feature Request and select Forum as the product.

3. Steve K

I don't use Feedback.

4. scott b

Jan 6 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro local coffee shop

@SteveKelepouris I don't use Feedback.

that is the only way it will get done. they use Feedback as their “Todo List” that they work from. Not all Feedback items will get done but if it isnt in Feedback it wont for sure.

maybe someone would be nice and add it for you.
    —sb

5. Steve K

Thanks Scott. but like I pointed out, This request is not a request regarding a feature for a change to the Xojo Framework, like: "Can we please not have flashing labels using 2016R3 on Windows". That will NEVER happen. The request is regarding a change to a category on this Forum.

I was kind of thinking that if enough people got behind it, then perhaps it could be looked at.

6. scott b

@SteveKelepouris Thanks Scott. but like I pointed out, This request is not a request regarding a feature for a change to the Xojo Framework, like: "Can we please not have flashing labels using 2016R3 on Windows". That will NEVER happen. The request is regarding a change to a category on this Forum.

I was kind of thinking that if enough people got behind it, then perhaps it could be looked at.

I understand. but EVERYTHING they work on, from documentation, to Xojo to the forums gets prioritized and worked from the Feedback system.

7. scott b

Feedback Case #54587

added it to Feedback for you.

8. Steve K

Thanks mate. I didn't realise it was like that.

Much appreciated.

9. 2 weeks ago

Mike C

Jan 6 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro North Carolina (USA)
    Edited 2 weeks ago

I added Feedback Case #54587 to my Top Cases #2 position - Shows now ranked 311.

10. Craig B

Jan 6 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Dallas, TX

I added it to my #5 top case.
    Now it is ranked #179.

11. Robert L

Jan 7 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro
    Edited 2 weeks ago

I've added it to my #3 spot...now ranked #60.

This is a strange way to have a new category added to a message board... :)

or Sign Up to reply!