ContainerContainerControl

I need a control that I can put controls in and be able to resize each control with horizontal or vertical separators… So when you drag the separator your embedded control resize… Elastic bags??

I’ve been around a while and I’m really happy with new features I still wish some additions were made to the basic toolset.

Sounds like a container control with some canvases and windowsplitters…

What is a window splitter, is this a xojo control or are you describing the functionality of something I must implement?
Why canvas? I want to be able to embed other controls in it.
Thanks!

Those are called Layout Containers, they are not new, some tool had them for decades. There are some requests to be added to xojo, but, since they dont even add a datetime control, Layout Containers seems not something in the near future of xojo.

Of course, you can do it manually, lots of code in the resizing event of the container control.

That is A window splitter

I seem to recall them eventually being added in VB…

Yes Microsoft added them in Visual Studio since .Net

No need for “layout containers”. Normal containers do that very well. You can put containers in containers. With a splitter (see https://forum.xojo.com/2074-split-screen/p1#p15397 for instance) there isn’t much code.

[quote=420257:@Pedro Ivan Tellez Corella]Those are called Layout Containers, they are not new, some tool had them for decades. There are some requests to be added to xojo, but, since they dont even add a datetime control, Layout Containers seems not something in the near future of xojo.

Of course, you can do it manually, lots of code in the resizing event of the container control.

That is A window splitter[/quote]
I have used IMsplitter in some of my Mac Apps and its solid for my splitter needs as @Beatrix Willius has above.

“My Notes” Container on this image is using the IM Splitter for my listbox and textarea controls. Its hard to see on this PIC but the vertical white line 2 or 3 px wide is the splitter.

[quote=420256:@Brian O’Brien]What is a window splitter, is this a xojo control or are you describing the functionality of something I must implement?
Why canvas? I want to be able to embed other controls in it.[/quote]

I see Beatrix and Mike have pointed you in the right direction. IMSplitter is a good place to start experimenting. Einhugur and GraffitSuite also offer WindowSplitters if you happen to have those.

As for canvases, I just tend to use those for the scrolling capability. You could use ContainerControls as well (as Beatrix mentioned).

Well, I guess that summarizes the difference between our lots in life, Mike … you work with the chickens while I get the chickensh*t! :slight_smile: :frowning: :slight_smile: :frowning: