Report Writer Add-Ons

I am looking for an add-on/plug-in for Xojo (Windows Platform) to handle Report Writing. Can anyone make any recommendations ??

Hi,
you should take a look at BKeeney Shorts:

Shorts

I’m partial to BKS Shorts but you can also look at Valentina . I think it really depends on your requirements.

NCReport designer / generator works fine with Xojo on Windows and Mac.

Open RPT works also fine and fast on Windows, it’s free but less fancy.

If you don’t like using Shell commands to Qt stuff, Shorts or Valentina should be more convenient for you. Contrary to the above I did not use those myself. Just because Shorts came a little bit too late for me, and once you are getting used to a fine working solution you just stick with it.

Valentina Reports for Xojo ADK is the ‘runtime’ that goes with your Xojo app, and it is available on MacOS, Windows and Linux. Reports are built using Valentina Studio Pro. The same Reports created with Studio Pro can also be used on Valentina Server.

Because Valentina Reports uses a runtime model, they can be deployed using any supported Valentina Reports ADK, and not just with Xojo (we support Java, C# / .net, C++, Objective-C, and many others). A lot of Xojo developers go the Valentina way because Xojo isn’t the only environment they use or likely to use.

Studio Pro is $199, and one ADK is $199 (buy three ADKs at once and there is an automatic discount). Info about Reports begins here, and you can download and use Studio (not the Pro version) for free, here.

Thanks guys - given me something to work on

Take a look at DBReport. It is very cheap and does honestly its work both in Desktop and in Web App.

No graphical template-designer ?

yes, it have a graphic designer take a look here, and video tutorials.

just download the sample and try to run it on Mojave and got the following error.
Do not know what might be the error. i can’t even compile

[quote=420443:@Richard Duke]just download the sample and try to run it on Mojave and got the following error.
Do not know what might be the error. i can’t even compile

[/quote]
Maybe you don’t have Postgres plugin, try change ‘DBReportShared.kConnectionPostgres’ to False.

thanks… working now…