Rubberview support

Hi there - I’ve tried contacting rubber view as I bought it in October. I’ve received no license from the site that I got directed to (I’ve been to it numerous times.
I’ve tried the email there - I always get back an undelivered email - the site downloads me a demo of the software - I am hamstrung from releasing my new app build because of all this.

If anybody (especially the guy who made this) can contact me about this I’d appreciate that

Cheers,
Sean Clancy

https://forum.xojo.com/51163-rubberviews-support-may-experience-some-delays-please-be-patien/p1#p414771

Send him a pm via the forum.

The developer is Michel Bujardet from France. He is a very helpful man, so mabye there is something wrong. I am sure when he reads your email, he will help you.

Like Markus suggested, send him a private message.

Chris

like Dave pointed out, he is recovering from surgery in late november. please be patient with him.

Hi, Sorry for the delay.

Still recovering, but back in business a couple hours a day (far from the some 10 before).

I just sent Sean his license code.

I also decided to remove the encrypted version from my site. It will be a lot simpler to manage with the unencrypted full source code.

Glad to see you doing fine Michel. Get well soon. :slight_smile:

Thank you Sascha :slight_smile:

Good to see you again Michel, i hope you will soon be fully recovered.

Thanks Michel for the license!

I’m not quite clear how to register it though… i looked through the manual and didn’t find that part…

I’m really looking forward to using it!

cheers Sean

From the manual:

• Drag the RubberViews Classes folder into the project

• Open that folder, and Drag the RubberViews class over the Window or ContainerControl. If you are trying the demo, simply drag RubberViews from the demo project onto your project.

• In App, add two properties : MSnameL and MSRubberViewsL As String

• In the Window or ContainerControl Open event, call the Init method :
    RubberViews1.Init(Self)

Then to have the controls resized, put this in the Resizing and/or Resized events :
RubberViews1.SizAll(Self)

Not from the manual (but you need to do to register the license):
Add these two code statements to your App.Open event:
MSnameL =“Your Name” // your name as it shows on your license
MSRubberViewsL = “ABCD-ABCD-ABCD-ABCD-ABCD” // your license

Everything should run from there!

[quote=421530:@Don Lyttle]Not from the manual (but you need to do to register the license):
Add these two code statements to your App.Open event:
MSRubberViewsL = “ABCD-ABCD-ABCD-ABCD-ABCD” // your license[/quote]

Thank you so much Don.

I will update the online manual. At any rate, I have discontinued the encrypted class. Too much trouble :wink:

Hello Michel and all. Well, that was my problem I was referring some time ago. I never took this steps by adding these two code statements to App.Open event as I never told that I should got a license since I bought the RubberView back to 2017… still unable to use it. thanks for the understanding

Hi Micheal,

You do not need to enter any license, since you purchased the unencrypted version.

I found back the long email exchange we had last year, but I could not locate any zip file. Have you sent it as attachment ?

If you could simply send me that file again, I will do my best to assist.

Thank you.

Yes, i ghink, i wll check again and let you know in the nect few days. Appreciared…

Hi. I am super new (And really bad at) Xojo. I am a VB6 refugee, and RubberViews is a component that I think I will use allot,as I was totally addicted to SSI’s resize wizard. So, I am trying to use it with xojo 2019R1. (win64 is my dev platform for now) I tried to open the demo project,and it works… Good for me, but now I am trying to add rubberviews to my own project. Here is where things go wrong.

My project is a window with one button. (start small!) the first thing I am told to do is
“Drag the RubberViews Classes folder into the project” – Ok, I am super stupid at this, but
exactly how do I do that? I coped the directory RubberViews_Classes into my folder that contains
the project: (it is called test_rb)

test_rb
|
|—RubberViews_Classes (a directory with files in it)
|
|— test_rb.xojo_binary_project (a file)
|
| --Debugtest_rb (another directory)

Is this what I was supposed to do? it did not seem to really do anything.

Then, I " Open that folder, and Drag the RubberViews class over the Window or ContainerControl. If you are trying the demo, simply drag RubberViews from the demo project onto your project."

Again, I dragged and dropped the folder in the left hand side of the
IDE, but it added a “rubberVews_Classes” entry to the tree.

Finally I added MSnameL and MSRubberViewsL as constants.

Then I added

MSRubberViewsL = “ABCD-ABCD-ABCD-ABCD-ABCD” // your license
RubberViews1.Init(Self)
to the widow 1 open event handler,

and then I added

to the widow1 Resizing event.

All good right?

NO love. I get the following error on run:
window1.open, line3 RubberViews1.SizAll(Self) RubberViews1.SizAll(Self) this item does not exist
window1.resizing, line 1 RubberViews1.SizAll(Self) RubberViews1.SizAll(Self) this item does not exist
window1.resizing, line 1 RubberViews1.SizAll(Self) RubberViews1.SizAll(Self) this item does not exist

What have missed here?

M guess is thtat I am not adding the class to the project correctly, but that is probably a drag-and-drop type of thing that I have just messed up, but is very hard to describe, yet easy to see. Can someone post a you-tube video for us total lame beginners as to what to do exactly?

thank you!!

---Lou

Ok, I managed to get it to work with a lot of trial and error. I ended up using file–import and I imported rubber views. I took the control and dropped it on window1, and now it sort of works… The issue I am having now is that in the event handler I can get

to work, but if I use he code i coped from the
example:

RubberView1.SizAll(self, false, False)

I get the following error:

This item does not exist
RubberViews1.SizeAll(self,false,False)

Type “Int32” has no member named “SizAll”
RubberView1.SizAll(self,false,False)

Anu ideas? is it a lower-case-upper-case thing?
I coped these lines directly from the example code using
cut-and-paste to ensure I coped them correctly.

RubberView1 does not exist within the scope of the event handler/method. Or the Sizeall method does not exist. (Is it RubberViews1.SizeAll or RubberViews1.SizAll? you typed both.)

Is the Rubberview instance set as private or protected? If private, you cannot call its methods from outside the class. This property of the object is with the inspector, generally in the upper right corner of the IDE.

this error message tells you:

This item does not exist RubberViews1.SizeAll(self,false,False)

It is a good idea to copy and paste your code completely when posting for such issues. Without the actual code, it is more difficult to provide relevant answers.

The issue was that I had to do this:
RubberViews1.SizeAll(Window1,false,False)

So scope??

What is the “right” way to add rubberviews? the file-import thing I,did?

Hi Luigi,

To add RubberViews to your project :

• Locate and open the “RubberViews Classes” folder.
  • Inside, locate RubberViews.xojo_binary_window
  • Drag it over the project pane, on the left of the IDE ; that will add it to the project
  • Drag an instance from the newly added RubberViews over your window

At this point, you should have a RubberViews1 instance in your window, and the code to initialize and resize will work as expected.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.