Rubberview support

1. 3 months ago

Sean C

Dec 29 New Zealand

Hi there - I've tried contacting rubber view as I bought it in October. I've received no license from the site that I got directed to (I've been to it numerous times.
    I've tried the email there - I always get back an undelivered email - the site downloads me a demo of the software - I am hamstrung from releasing my new app build because of all this.

If anybody (especially the guy who made this) can contact me about this I'd appreciate that

Cheers,
    Sean Clancy

2. Dave S

Dec 29 San Diego, California USA

https://forum.xojo.com/51163-rubberviews-support-may-experience-some-delays-please-be-patien/p1#p414771

3. Markus W

Dec 29 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro #JeSuisHuman Germany, Heidelb...

Send him a pm via the forum.

4. The developer is Michel Bujardet from France. He is a very helpful man, so mabye there is something wrong. I am sure when he reads your email, he will help you.

Like Markus suggested, send him a private message.

Chris

5. Jean-Yves P

Jan 2 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (France, Besançon)

like Dave pointed out, he is recovering from surgery in late november. please be patient with him.

6. 2 months ago

Michel B

Jan 16 Pre-Release Testers RubberViews.com

Hi, Sorry for the delay.

Still recovering, but back in business a couple hours a day (far from the some 10 before).

I just sent Sean his license code.

I also decided to remove the encrypted version from my site. It will be a lot simpler to manage with the unencrypted full source code.

7. Sascha S

Jan 16 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Germany

@Michel B Still recovering, but back in business a couple hours a day (far from the some 10 before).

Glad to see you doing fine Michel. Get well soon. :)

8. Michel B

Jan 16 Pre-Release Testers RubberViews.com

Thank you Sascha :)

9. Andre K

Jan 16 Pre-Release Testers

Good to see you again Michel, i hope you will soon be fully recovered.

10. Sean C

Jan 16 New Zealand

Thanks Michel for the license!

I'm not quite clear how to register it though... i looked through the manual and didn't find that part...

I'm really looking forward to using it!

cheers Sean

11. Don L

Jan 17 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Florence, South Carolina USA

@Sean C I'm not quite clear how to register it though... i looked through the manual and didn't find that part...

From the manual:
    - Drag the RubberViews Classes folder into the project

- Open that folder, and Drag the RubberViews class over the Window or ContainerControl. If you are trying the demo, simply drag RubberViews from the demo project onto your project.

- In App, add two properties : MSnameL and MSRubberViewsL As String

- In the Window or ContainerControl Open event, call the Init method :
    RubberViews1.Init(Self)

Then to have the controls resized, put this in the Resizing and/or Resized events :
    RubberViews1.SizAll(Self)

Not from the manual (but you need to do to register the license):
    Add these two code statements to your App.Open event:
    MSnameL ="Your Name" // your name as it shows on your license
    MSRubberViewsL = "ABCD-ABCD-ABCD-ABCD-ABCD" // your license

Everything should run from there!

12. Michel B

Jan 17 Pre-Release Testers RubberViews.com
    Edited 2 months ago

@Don L Not from the manual (but you need to do to register the license):
    Add these two code statements to your App.Open event:
    MSnameL ="Your Name" // your name as it shows on your license
    MSRubberViewsL = "ABCD-ABCD-ABCD-ABCD-ABCD" // your license

Thank you so much Don.

I will update the online manual. At any rate, I have discontinued the encrypted class. Too much trouble ;)

13. 8 weeks ago
    Edited 8 weeks ago

Hello Michel and all. Well, that was my problem I was referring some time ago. I never took this steps by adding these two code statements to App.Open event as I never told that I should got a license since I bought the RubberView back to 2017... still unable to use it. thanks for the understanding

14. Michel B

Jan 28 Pre-Release Testers RubberViews.com

Hi Micheal,

You do not need to enter any license, since you purchased the unencrypted version.

I found back the long email exchange we had last year, but I could not locate any zip file. Have you sent it as attachment ?

If you could simply send me that file again, I will do my best to assist.

Thank you.

15. Yes, i ghink, i wll check again and let you know in the nect few days. Appreciared...

or Sign Up to reply!