Windows deployment

Hello,

I’m expecting a problem after deploying and application on windows.

Xojo builder create a folder with 2 folders inside, libs and resources and the executable. The libs folder contains the dlls required by the application, and resources contains some common graphics.

I don’t konw the reason why when I execute de application I get then error message:

common \puggin.cpp:990
faillure condition:PlugginEmtpyTable.getentry(EntryPointName, out)
Can’t find pluggin methode Bevelbutton.icon.set

Any ideas ?

Thank you

We will need a bit more information on the deployment method:

• did you use an installer, or just copy the build folders? (hint: simple copy will fail most most of the time)
  • do your build folders contain the necessary plugins and DLL files?

I would also suggest to copy and paste error messages or take screen captures. This method prevents typing errors.

Just copy the folder created in the compilation AS IS, don rename the sub folders, nor change the relative paths. The error is because the executable is not finding the DLLS.

Hi Pedro, I dit it, but it failed.

The first message was about that it can’t find v4rb.dll, so I copied then application into the dll’s folder. Doing this, I prevent from gettting v4rb.dll missing library. At the end, I copied all the ddl’ into windows, system32 folder.

Unfortunatelly I can’t fix the error common \puggin.cpp:990
faillure condition:PlugginEmtpyTable.getentry(EntryPointName, out)
Can’t find pluggin methode Bevelbutton.icon.set

Thats a valentina-db problem, you shoud search for the documentation about how to deploy on windows.

Read this :
http://valentina-db.com/docs/dokuwiki/v7/doku.php?id=valentina:products:adk:v4rb:manual:deployment:win

Thank you Ivan and Franois, you where right.

There is absolutely no need to copy any files from a Xojo build directory to Windows\System32 directory.