Assertion failed file /Users/joe/mclinker ?

1. last year
  2. Tim J

30 Dec 2018 Pre-Release Testers N. Phoenix, AZ

That error path is from Joe's system.

Have you made sure that the "Builds -" folder is empty?

3. Michael D

30 Dec 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

It's funny when information from one person's build system leaks like this - I once had a coworker who named his hard drive "Sh*tHead" which occasionally led to some interesting bug reports :-)

4. Beatrix W

31 Dec 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Third Party Store Europe (Germany)

That looks like something from "mclinker". See https://github.com/mclinker/mclinker .

The Valentina folks use something called "Jenkins". I thought for years that this was a name.

5. Andrew L

2 Jan 2019 San Francisco, CA, USA

Could it be @Joe R?

6. 11 months ago
  7. Greg O

25 Feb 2019 Xojo Inc scout.galaxy.barn

Have you tried all three compiler optimization levels?

8. Greg O

25 Feb 2019 Xojo Inc scout.galaxy.barn

Do you get this compile error on an empty project?

9. Ulrich B

26 Feb 2019 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (Germany, Berlin) · xo...

@Andrew L Could it be @Joe R?

It very probably is. But he was not seen here for over a year, so I guess he will not answer.

10. Greg O

26 Feb 2019 Xojo Inc scout.galaxy.barn

@Ulrich B It very probably is. But he was not seen here for over a year, so I guess he will not answer.

Joe originally compiled the linked on his workstation that’s where that comes from.

11. Greg O

26 Feb 2019 Xojo Inc scout.galaxy.barn

@dave d Yes and one with a single button saying hello world.

Ok, instead of double clicking the ide to start it, open a terminal window, type open , drop the Xojo.app bundle into the terminal window and press return. The ide will launch and spew a bunch of console messages. Once the ide launches, go to the terminal window and press CMD-K to clear the window. Now create a web project and compile it for Linux ARM. I’m curious if you get any errors there.

12. Jason P

1 Mar 2019 Xojo Inc Texas

What plugins have you got installed and is this app trying to use any of them? Maybe they have no ARM 32 bit portions?

13. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!