Assertion failed file /Users/joe/mclinker ?

1. 8 months ago
  2. Tim J

30 Dec 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Dehydrating in AZ

That error path is from Joe's system.

Have you made sure that the "Builds -" folder is empty?

3. Michael D

30 Dec 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

It's funny when information from one person's build system leaks like this - I once had a coworker who named his hard drive "Sh*tHead" which occasionally led to some interesting bug reports :-)

4. Beatrix W

31 Dec 2018 Pre-Release Testers Europe (Germany)

That looks like something from "mclinker". See https://github.com/mclinker/mclinker .

The Valentina folks use something called "Jenkins". I thought for years that this was a name.

5. Andrew L

2 Jan 2019 San Francisco, CA, USA

Could it be @Joe R?

6. 6 months ago
  7. Greg O

Feb 25 Xojo Inc

Have you tried all three compiler optimization levels?

8. Greg O

Feb 25 Xojo Inc

Do you get this compile error on an empty project?

9. Ulrich B

Feb 26 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (Germany, Berlin) · xo...

@Andrew L Could it be @Joe R?

It very probably is. But he was not seen here for over a year, so I guess he will not answer.

10. Greg O

Feb 26 Xojo Inc

@Ulrich B It very probably is. But he was not seen here for over a year, so I guess he will not answer.

Joe originally compiled the linked on his workstation that’s where that comes from.

11. Greg O

Feb 26 Xojo Inc

@dave d Yes and one with a single button saying hello world.

Ok, instead of double clicking the ide to start it, open a terminal window, type open , drop the Xojo.app bundle into the terminal window and press return. The ide will launch and spew a bunch of console messages. Once the ide launches, go to the terminal window and press CMD-K to clear the window. Now create a web project and compile it for Linux ARM. I’m curious if you get any errors there.

12. Jason P

Mar 1 Xojo Inc Texas

What plugins have you got installed and is this app trying to use any of them? Maybe they have no ARM 32 bit portions?

13. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!