Keep getting message Mutex cleaned, application could not launch. on a cgi web app

Hello,

Every once in a while my users get the message “Mutex cleaned, application could not launch.” from a cgi web app I wrote. I did some research in the forum and already isolated a potential issue with MySQLCommunityServer by encapsulating it on a Critical Section.

Whenever it happens, it is “easily” solved by killinh the app over SSH.

What else can be causing this issue?

My web app is gaining momentum, with several simultaneous users. Can’t afford to have it breaking like that.

Please advise!

HI Leonidas
Did you work out what was causing your crash
ie Keep getting message Mutex cleaned, application could not launch. on a cgi web app.
I’m getting the same and it takes down the whole virtual server,

Cheers James

While related, I bet this is not really the cause-effect you think it is. Monitor memory and CPU usage on your server over time and I bet what you’ll find is that one of your apps is leaking memory uncontrollably and once the system runs out of RAM, it just crashes. Modern systems that use SSD drives usually have virtual memory disabled and when you’re out of RAM, that’s it.

Thanks Greg
the system was literally only up for 5 minutes.
it took out all the docker containers when it died.
However I will take note and really look at ram usage.
Appreciate the heads up.

Just for you and your team
Thanks for Xojo

This would be a nightmare web app to write in most other environments.
I’m a one man band yet I can create anything any other development company can. And a lot faster.

Cheers

Hello @James Nicholson-Plank !

The issue went away some time ago. I really don’t know what solved it exactly (sorry).

What I have done so far that might have helped:

• Make sure all possible leaks were contained (closing reocrdsets after using them, etc.);
  • Take very special care of database connections (one per Session) and properly closed on logout
  • Implemented a TimeOut feature to the app, that closes it, turning all Session objects to nil and showing a regular HTMl page to the user
  • Implemented @Michel Bujardet 's approach of 3 AM kill procedure using CRON
  • Adopt @Christian Schmitz 's simple web balancing technique

Hope it helps!