System Library or Module?

I’m new to the RPi and have very limited experience with Linux, so I apologize in advance for my ignorance. I purchased a PI3B+, got it up and going and was able to run a simple xojo app. Since long term, I am planning on using the PI to monitor a remote building I own for (lights, temp, door alarms…). I thought the first thing I would do is write a xojo app to monitor the PI itself for any problems. I’d like to keep track of the cpu and gpu temp, memory space…

Having said all that, I thought I would start by creating a GUI app that would allow me to click a button and see various system parameters from the PI. I thought it would be a simple matter to access some kind of system module (or library, not even sure what to call it). I assumed it would be like the other library/module where you load it on the PI and, like magic, you can call all kinds of system status functions.

There seems to be a few terminal commands that can be run, but I haven’t been able to find anything that would let me do the same kind of thing via a xojo program. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.[h][/h]

use the shell class under xojo
https://documentation.xojo.com/api/os/shell.html