2018r4 - Inspector Behaviour

I created a canvas based control, and in the Inspector Behaviour I unchecked a number of properties that shouldn’t need to be changed…
I saved the project, ran it, tested it, and then came to the conclusion that I needed to set one of the “unchecked” properties to a specific value

I went back to the Inspector Behaviour and lo and behold, all the unchecked items (except for Super) were GONE

I loaded the project into Xojo2016 and they showed up, I checked the ones I needed back, saved it in 2016
when I loaded it back into 2018, they were there again.

[quote=418201:@Dave S]I created a canvas based control, and in the Inspector Behaviour I unchecked a number of properties that shouldn’t need to be changed…
I saved the project, ran it, tested it, and then came to the conclusion that I needed to set one of the “unchecked” properties to a specific value

I went back to the Inspector Behaviour and lo and behold, all the unchecked items (except for Super) were GONE

I loaded the project into Xojo2016 and they showed up, I checked the ones I needed back, saved it in 2016
when I loaded it back into 2018, they were there again.[/quote]

@Dave S can you make a bugreport for this?

Feedback and I do not get along

Can you post a reproduce step list, i’ll make a report for you in the not-so-stable-stable-version-of-feedback

• create a custom control
  • goto to Inspector Behaviour
  • UNCHECK multiple values
  • save the project
  • exit xojo
  • reload xojo and the project
  • the items you unchecked are no long available (at least the is what I have experienced)

macOS Mojave, Xojo2018r4

going to an older version of Xojo (2016 in my case) and loading the project there, the unchecked items are visible again, if you check them, then 2018 will show them once more.

also… I am saving as XML format… .don’t know if that would make a difference

Dave, the whole point of unchecking items in the inspector behavior dialog is to make them disappear from the inspector. Are you saying that they no longer appear in the inspector behavior dialog as well?

That is exactly what I am saying.

I just duplicated what Dave is seeing. Do you need a feedback report on this? Simply following Dave’s steps above is enough to demonstrate this.

One update, it only seems to affect the “Position” section options.

For me. it affected anything except SUPER

Did you add custom Computed Properties as well?

I’ve not added this to fb cause greg showed up, if reproducable then please do add it to FB

Ah - more meat - on a completely custom control, everything is affected. I was modifying a subclassed Canvas I’d already created. Only things in the “Position” section disappeared there. On a fully custom object, any property you disable in the Inspector Behavior does not populate in the same area when you reload a project with the control.

This sounds like they’re there but just not where you expect them to be.

They “where are they”… They no longer exist in the Inspector Behaviour Dialog, and do not appear in the IDE Property Inspector (and only the 2nd of those is expected). As I mentioned, the only way I found to get them back is to load the project in a pre-2018 version of Xojo and checkmark them again, then reload the project in 2018rx

Uh, nope - take my original simple example. Disable the 4 lock options in the Inspector Behavior, save and exit, relaunch and reload, the 4 lock options are no longer visible - period (at least here).