Linking Executable with import of an image

1. 8 months ago

Scott R

14 Dec 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro
    Edited 8 months ago

After dragging and dropping an icon to my project, I get the following error if I assign the icon to a toolbar button.

Linking Executable
    Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:

"__x_home22.home22%o<iOSImage>%", referenced from:
    _viewMyPoints.viewMyPoints._CreateToolbarControls%%o<viewMyPoints.viewMyPoints> in viewMyPoints.o
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64

I tried to create a feedback case but receive the error "Communication with the Feedback master server has failed. Feedback will now quit."

2. Greg O

14 Dec 2018 Xojo Inc

@Scott R I tried to create a feedback case but receive the error "Communication with the Feedback master server has failed. Feedback will now quit."

Go to our website and download the latest version.

3. Scott R

15 Dec 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

Greg, I should have said in my original post that I was using Xojo 2018r4. Is there a newer version?

4. Jeremie L

15 Dec 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Europe (France) - getpackr.io

I think Greg was referring to the latest version of Feedback:
    https://www.xojo.com/download/extras.php

Regarding your linking executable error, this happened to me recently.
    I deleted the icon from the Xojo project, and added it back in.

5. Scott R

15 Dec 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

My Feedback version is 2018r1.1 which seems to be the latest.

The icons that were previously in my project (2018r3) work fine. Any new image/icon added generates this error. I have deleted and re-added the image/icon both by drag and drop and right-click insert/add. I have also tried different file formats (.jpg & .png).

6. 7 months ago

Michael D

13 Jan 2019 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro
    Edited 7 months ago

@Scott R The icons that were previously in my project (2018r3) work fine. Any new image/icon added generates this error. I have deleted and re-added the image/icon both by drag and drop and right-click insert/add. I have also tried different file formats (.jpg & .png).

I'm having the same problem, but with a x64 macOS build - old pictures & filesets work fine, but when I add a new picture I get the linking error:

Linking Executable
    Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:

"__x_gltfLogo.gltfLogo%o<Picture>%", referenced from:
    _SeqMedia.GetDisplayPicture%o<cPicture>%o<SeqMedia>bbbi8i8f8bbbbbo<wMovieThumbGrabber2.wMovieThumbGrabber2>b in SeqMedia.o
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64

Things which didn't fix it:

• deleting then re-adding the imageset
    • turning off "Supports HDI" then adding it back in as a Picture

Things which did work:
    * quitting the IDE and restarting it.

Is there an open Feedback case for this?

or Sign Up to reply!