Window/ContainerControl.EraseBackground Deprecation

1. 6 months ago

Martin T

13 Dec 2018 Pre-Release Testers Germany

Hello,

I can't find any information in the documentation about the version Window/ContainerControl.EraseBackground deprecated since. Does anyone have the desired info?

Thanks

There is no reference to this in the release notes. I have tested some more. It seems to have disappeared with 2018.1.

2. Sascha S

13 Dec 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Germany

@MartinTrippensee I can't find any information in the documentation about the version Window/ContainerControl.EraseBackground deprecated since.

Because there is no: https://docs.xojo.com/Resources:Deprecations

3. Martin T

14 Dec 2018 Pre-Release Testers Germany

Maybe one of the Xojo Members can tell us. @Paul L @Jason P @Greg OLone

4. Emile S

14 Dec 2018 Europe (France, Strasbourg)

I just checked in Xojo 2015r1:

I do not found ContainerControl.EraseBackground.

Are-you sure you don’t mis-recall from some other control ?

5. Martin T

Edited 6 months ago

Hi Emile,

Yeah, I'm sure. I get the deprecated message currently in Versionsnummer 2018.2 - 2018.4. It's just that I want to add a condition for older versions, I'd have to know since when it is deprecated. This property is only used on Windows.

6. Greg O

14 Dec 2018 Xojo Inc

Remember that Deprecated != Removed, so you shouldn’t need your conditional code quite yet.

7. Martin T

@Greg OLone Remember that Deprecated != Removed, so you shouldn’t need your conditional code quite yet.

I know Greg. However, there will also be users of my classes who don't always work with the latest Xojo version. That's my point. That's why I want to add a condition. So Greg, since when is it deprecated?

8. Greg O

14 Dec 2018 Xojo Inc

@MartinTrippensee I know Greg. However, there will also be users of my classes who don't always work with the latest Xojo version. That's my point. That's why I want to add a condition. So Greg, since when is it deprecated?

Don’t know off the top of my head (it’s 6:45a here), but you could probably find that info in the release notes.

9. Martin T

14 Dec 2018 Pre-Release Testers Answer Germany

There is no reference to this in the release notes. I have tested some more. It seems to have disappeared with 2018.1.

or Sign Up to reply!