has bothered me for a while - why cant i use the new MySQL Community Plugin

HI Guys,
not a big problem but for some reason I cannot get any love from the MySQLCommunityPlugin.xojo_plugin since the 2016 version.

If I replace the plugin which comes with 2018r4 with the one from 2016 I can connect to my “MySQL Community server (GPL)” perfectly.

Server is 5.7.24

If I don’t replace it and try it will connect to the database fine but when i do a select I get the error
“Lost connection to MySQL server during query”

This is using the same program, same username and password, same database, the only difference is the plugin.

Any ideas?

thanks

Damon

If you could help create a sample project then the team could fix this. As far as I can tell, as of today, they can’t reproduce the problem.

See <https://xojo.com/issue/51838>

would love to but feedback hasnt worked for ages.
When run it doesnt connect to the server.
I even just downloaded the most recent feedback for windows with the same error

Any ideas?

I’m sorry you can’t connect to Feedback server. I don’t have that problem with my mac or windows laptops.

Are you using windows? Maybe a firewall restriction?

If you can create a sample code, maybe connection to a test account to your server, I could try to reproduce the issue and update or create a new feedback case for you.

You can always use MBS Xojo SQL Plugin as an alternative.

[quote=417614:@damon pillinger]HI Guys,
not a big problem but for some reason I cannot get any love from the MySQLCommunityPlugin.xojo_plugin since the 2016 version.

If I replace the plugin which comes with 2018r4 with the one from 2016 I can connect to my “MySQL Community server (GPL)” perfectly.

Server is 5.7.24

If I don’t replace it and try it will connect to the database fine but when i do a select I get the error
“Lost connection to MySQL server during query”

This is using the same program, same username and password, same database, the only difference is the plugin.

Any ideas?

thanks

Damon[/quote]

We actually use the MySQL plugin from the most recent releases for some internal processes so it’s hard to diagnose what might be different in your usage.

Related: I’ve been trying to compile the community plugin from source and can’t get that to work. Would really like to be able to use this plugin and contribute to it.

Hi Alberto De Poo,
Yes I am using windows 7
Do you know what ports need to be opened?
I created a rule in the firewall to allow Feedback.exe but it didn’t make a difference.
Thanks
Damon

Sorry, I don’t know. I remember on my Windows laptop allowed the connection when first ran Feedback but don’t know much about changing the firewall settings.

[quote=417735:@damon pillinger]
Do you know what ports need to be opened?[/quote]

On my Mac Feedback is using port 443 and it’s probably the same on Windows.

You might double check your firewall to ensure that 443 isn’t being monopolized by an errant web browser. Punching a bi-directional hole through for Feedback on 443 should work though.