Top Reasons To Come To XDC

Because we saw people talking about their top 5 dev tools trending on Twitter, we thought it would be fun to list some of our favorite things about coming to XDC.

I’ll go first…

1. We have spent many months planning the conference and I love to see everything actually happen
  2. Getting to see the “XDC regulars” and meet new attendees
  3. Sitting down next to you and seeing a demo of what you’re working on

I’ll play!

#1 Annual Dana/Alyssa reunion!
#2 Seeing favorite customers…you know who you are :wink:
#3 Talking to everyone on twitter, y’all get real chatty that week!

#1 Purposely misidentifying Dana/Alyssa. Or is that Alyssa/Dana? :wink:
#2 Seeing old friends and making some new ones
#3 Talking Xojo non-stop for days
#4 Conversing with people I’ve never physically met who ‘know’ me via products, blog post’s, video’s, etc.
#5 Being able to grab a Xojo engineer and show them an issue that’s hard to replicate (showed William an issue I was having with a serial device and left him the serial device to work with and the problem was fixed a few weeks later).
#6 The conversations with other developers on what they’re working on - people always amaze me!
#7 Meeting prospective clients! Yes, companies come to the conference to talk to the consultants! Bring your A Game!

1. Hearing the surprising number of interesting and/or funny stories.
  2. Learning stuff from out of the blue.
  3. Seeing if “Alyssa” and “Dana” ever show up in the same room at the same time. (So far, I don’t think so.)
  4. Reconnecting with friends I made at past conferences, and gathering new ones.

In no particular order:

1. Annual Xojo, Inc. reunion. Yes, we only get together in-person once a year.
  2. Sightseeing with @Frederick Roller and @Paul Messias. This is becoming a tradition.
  3. Talking with all the awesome Xojo users that comes to the conference such as @Yousaf Shah, @Jeremie Leroy , @Tim Dietrich, @Bob Keeney, @Tom Dixon, @Chris Halford and so many more.
  4. Looking forward to the energy @Reinhard Blumauer brings to the conference. He’s the equivalent of at least 10 people! :slight_smile:
  5. Wondering who will be this year’s injury. In Orlando it was our own @Stephane Pinel with a broken nose. In Denver, @Yousaf Shah dislocated his shoulder while skiing the day before the conference. And way back in 2008 (I think) in Austin, one user (who shall remain nameless) went down to a bar on 6th Street one night, became quite drunk and did some really interesting dancing.

XDC is always a blast and we look forward to it every year. Can’t wait to see you all in Miami!

1. To meet in person (some of) all those excellent persons I interact with in the electronic world.
  2. Learn, learn, learn… from all kind of experts around the World and the awesome things they do with Xojo!
  3. To Improve my Spanish-English-French-German? conversations :slight_smile:
  4. And, of course… to win the un-official Jenga competition! (Alyssa, you know I will!)

I’m really counting down the days until my second XDC!

• Learn from colleagues, even after a decade of professional experience with Xojo
  • Help colleagues solve technical and business issues
  • Have fun with old friends, develop new friendships and go sightseeing with @Geoff Perlman

An educational vacation may be the best way for me to describe XDC. :slight_smile:

I’m excited to see everyone again and soak in all Xojo target refreshes, especially Web 2.0.

I feel like I’ve been on a long development ‘walkabout’ after working in Web 1.0, Aloe, and currently PHP. After re-watching the Web 2.0 session vid from XDC 2018, I’m looking forward to bringing Xanadu back to Xojo Web.

1. Hang, chat and learn from Xojo peeps.
  2. Try out some new foods.
  3. Being warm (hot) in sunny Florida!
  4. Remind @Kem Tekinay who won the 2018 World Series.

49° in Orlando right now! Hopefully, May will be better.

For me it’s all about the relationships…

1. Looking at how people use Xojo: not just the apps they’ve built (which is awesome) but how they actually use the IDE in day-to-day. I learn a lot of useful things that way
  2. Being able to show what I’m working on to a bunch of SmartFriends™, what are my hold-ups and how I work around something
  3. The face-palms of the Xojo engineers as they see some of my work arounds. Those are worth the price of admission.
  4. Learning first hand about the future of Xojo
  5. The laughter in the halls between sessions

That’s shorts and t-shirt weather!