The App Store checks for hidden functionality.

1. last week

Sam R

Dec 3 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Hengchun, Pingtung, Taiwan

https://twitter.com/vectorpark/status/1069316848540368899

I am guessing that the App Store now verifies the symbols in the binary and if it find one that it doesn't like, your application is not only rejected; but you can't appeal and your reviews will now take longer. You effectively become second class.

It could be as simple as a mistyped selector in a declare or plugin.

2. Emile S

Dec 4 Europe (France, Strasbourg)
    Edited last week

@Sam R You effectively become second class

I do not case: I am already third class…

@Sam Rowlands It could be as simple as a mistyped selector in a declare or plugin.

Apple probably do not want “building trade ex-workers” to upload applications… One day, they will start to ask for CSI degree before allowing XCode / Swift downloads ;-:)

In the Apple API, is there's an API validator, something like <API_Call_Name>.Exists ?

3. Christian S

Dec 4 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Germany

Maybe it's a scan to check if all action methods in the controller class are linked to buttons on the views?

I would prefer if I could block some traffic, e.g. block app's internet by domains.
    And maybe Apple could block some ad frameworks for all apps.

4. Emile S

A try to void abusive or wrong doing ?

Good catch Christian.

5. Christian S

Dec 4 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Germany

Well, a weather app should only be allowed to talk to the server from the weather provider.

And not talk to 10 third party companies tracking me.

6. Emile S

@ChristianSchmitz And not talk to 10 third party companies tracking me.

Approved !

7. Tim S

Dec 4 Canterbury, UK

@ChristianSchmitz Well, a weather app should only be allowed to talk to the server from the weather provider.

And not talk to 10 third party companies tracking me.

Isn't that supposed to be fixable for all apps on your machine by using a hosts file?

Hello? hello? Anyone there?

NO CARRIER

8. Tim J

Dec 4 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Dehydrating in AZ

@Tim S Isn't that supposed to be fixable for all apps on your machine by using a hosts file?

That would require proper system administration knowledge - something that Apple and Microsoft are getting sneakier and sneakier about removing from the system owner's scope of access.

9. Douglas H

Dec 4 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

@Tim J That would require proper system administration knowledge - something that Apple and Microsoft are getting sneakier and sneakier about removing from the system owner's scope of access.

And much more practical for macOS or other LAN usage than iOS via carrier access.

or Sign Up to reply!