Missing development profile (Xojo 2018r3 / Xcode 10.1 / macOS 10.14.1 )

1. 3 months ago

Christian J

Nov 29 Pre-Release Testers
    Edited 3 months ago

Hello Community,

I am preparing an iOS app for testing on my iPhone. I have

• followed the instruction in the XOJO documentation for iOS certificates, Build settings, Add Hoc iOS device deployment, etc.
    • deleted the certificate and created it again in Xcode and Apple Developer Web page

but still I get this error message when try to build my XOJO iOS app.

Did I miss something?

I have checked the forum. I saw many entries but the tips I tried did not solve my problem.

Is there a log file from XOJO where I can see details?

I wonder because when I create a dummy project in Xcode it compiles and uploads to my device. No complains. So Xcode itself seems to be fine. So why has XOJO build process this problem?

Regards

--Christian

P.S.
    The exact message is "A development profile is required when building an iOS application"

There's been a lot of threads on this topic, and the usual reason is using a generic provisioning profile like com.company.* instead of a specific one like com.company.myapp.

2. Art G

Nov 29 Answer Prescott AZ

There's been a lot of threads on this topic, and the usual reason is using a generic provisioning profile like com.company.* instead of a specific one like com.company.myapp.

3. C T

Nov 29 Ontario, Canada

You mention an iOS development certificate but don't mention an iOS development profile. Just checking that you created and downloaded a development profile after you created the development certificate. I ask because I forgot to do that very thing this morning.

4. Christian J

Nov 30 Pre-Release Testers
    Edited 3 months ago

Hello,

thank you for the replies.

I am not using a generic provisioning profile.

I have paid the 99 USD/year fee and created the corresponding certificates and profiles according to the XOJO documentation.
    I am using a wildcard App ID biz.cjse.*.

From my point of view certificate and profile are fine because I can create a dummy app in Xcode and upload it to my iPhone.

I will try a specific App ID.

Regards

--Christian

5. Jeremie L

Nov 30 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Europe (France) - getpackr.io

Don't use a wildcard App ID and it will make your life so much easier!

6. Christian J

Dec 1 Pre-Release Testers

Hello Community,

thank you for all the replies.

I have checked the Xcode settings to make sure I am using 10.1 as I have installed several versions. This is fine.

I have tested several things

• Cleared the XOJO cache: No success
    • Compile on local device (project files are on a NFS Server): No success
    • Create an explicit AppID: Success :-)

So I can proceed now with testing my App on my device before I upload it to the App Store.

Regards

--Christian

or Sign Up to reply!