Strange ghost control

I have the craziest thing happen when I run my app on my Mac. A small, empty rectangular control, of sorts, occasionally appears like a ghost, then it disappears when I click on it. It can show up anywhere within the app window (text area, radio button, text box, window frame, and etc.) I’m still the running app in debug mode and don’t want to compile it until I can understand what is going on. Has anyone else encountered this?

Video?

No, it’s not that Beatrix. At first I thought it may have been caused by some hidden control, but that wasn’t it. It’s crazy.

I think she was asking if you could make a video that shows this anomoly.

How do I post an image here?

you need to host it somewhere, and post a link to it…

Ok, here’s try.

It vanishes when I move my mouse.

and you have accounted for every control in the left hand project panel?

That looks like a help tag which contains a single EndIfLine character.

I believe so Dave. I just double checked and it’s clean. It seems to appear when I move the mouse over a button, and I’ve double checked those as well.

Greg, I thought that too so I checked all of the help tags for each control. There aren’t any.

Ok, I went back into my code and set the help tag = “” and it seemed to correct the problem. I wonder why a blank help tag in the inspector didn’t correct it?

Click into the HelpTag field, do a select all and then press delete. This should remove all the contents.

I went back through the controls and, although the field was blank, one help tag had a carriage return. I removed it.