Not able to generate exe file with MySqL database

I am new to Xojo and trying to build an exe file with the example database program available in xojo software.

When i tried to run the application and build an database application using SQLite database i was successful in doing it. I understand SqLite in buildin with Xojo.

I installed MySqL database then. When i tried with MySql Database i was able to successfully run the database application. But when i try to build it does not shows any error, but terminates the build process with in few second.

And no exe file is generated.

Kindly help me in this regards. thanks in Advance.

Do you have the correct license? Xojo Lite cannot build using MySQL.

If this is the case, shouldn’t either the Build button be disabled or a message displayed stating why it can’t build? Starting the build then terminating indicates something is amiss.

We can’t disable the Build button based on a fragment of code somewhere in the project, but he probably should have gotten a compile error in the messages pane.

thanks all for your response.

@Greg O’Lone @Paul Lefebvre @Jay Madren

Is there any procedure available to build an exe file with xojo integrating MySQL .

Or is it similar to building an exe file with xojo and SQLite database?. I mean by using a build option available in the front end.

Do we have any manual or Video tutorial regarding creating an exe file with MySQL database and Xojo. ?

Kindly respond. Thanks in advance to all.

Yes, you need to buy a Desktop ($299) license. Xojo: Store

To be clear, the upgraded license gets you the ability to connect to a MySQL database, it does not include MySQL itself.

[quote=416124:@Weki GT]thanks all for your response.

@Greg O’Lone @Paul Lefebvre @Jay Madren

Is there any procedure available to build an exe file with xojo integrating MySQL .

Or is it similar to building an exe file with xojo and SQLite database?. I mean by using a build option available in the front end.
.[/quote]

The short answer is NO. MySQL needs to be installed and set up in its own right. Once done XOJO can then connect to it.

Very true. It just seemed more like the OP didn’t understand there was a pay-wall than it was they thought MySQL would be included. They mentioned having success with debugging.