Conference planning

to update you all. We finally found a hotel for Cologne in Germany which has a few weeks with availability for us.
For other hotels the queries are still open.

Date would probably be October 2019 currently.

We’ll have a survey in the next week to learn about week preferences and start to gather interested people.

We have an offer for Cologne downtown.

24th and 25th October 2019

4 Star hotel.
A block away from subway station, walking distance from main train station. Brewery across the street 200m away for dinner event.
Nice ballroom. With maybe 50 people, we’d take half of it. With 100 people take whole ballroom and possibility to split.
We could do one or two tracks depending on people and speaker count.

All very nice, just the downside is cost.
Room rate is 169 Euro including breakfast.
Next door hostel has 50 Euro/night. Plenty of other hotels around for a block or two with 80 to 100 Euro/night.

I’ll think about tickets from 349 to 699 Euro +VAT again like in Munich.

Budgeted cost per person (for 70) is about 450 Euro +VAT, so some people would get it cheaper for early signup or speaking. Other people would come later and pay more to cover the general expenses like the speakers, room rent.

Depending on the people count and budget, we may go to just a dinner event or maybe (more expensive) a dinner event in a roof top restaurant so you have a great view. Alternative a boat trip with dinner on a cruise.

We’ll see. I’ll announce it, when the contract is signed and I visited the property.

[quote=416790:@Christian Schmitz]We have an offer for Cologne downtown.

24th and 25th October 2019

4 Star hotel.
A block away from subway station, walking distance from main train station. Brewery across the street 200m away for dinner event.
Nice ballroom. With maybe 50 people, we’d take half of it. With 100 people take whole ballroom and possibility to split.
We could do one or two tracks depending on people and speaker count.

[/quote]

what hotel is that??

I don’t say yet.

Because I also have two others, but this is first choice for me.

[quote=416790:@Christian Schmitz]We have an offer for
. Alternative a boat trip with dinner on a cruise.
[/quote]

Dinner cruise sound lovely

If we have 100 people, that is no problem :slight_smile:

That’s the right time of the year for us. :slight_smile:

I posted some results for the survey:

https://www.mbs-plugins.de/archive/2018-12-16/MBS_Xojo_Conference_Survey_Res/monkeybreadsoftware_blog_xojo

Website is online for conference:
https://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/xojo/events/cologne-2019-event.shtml