textAreaRDS is a custom subclass of the TextArea control found in Xojo™.
It has been enhanced to include Syntax Highlighting, Linenumbers and Character Ruler and Bookmarks.
Current version is for macOS only due to OS specific declares. A Windows version may be developed in the future.
A demo can be downloaded at http://www.rdsisemore.com/textAreaRDS.zip
This demo contains an encrypted version of the control, and is FREE to use in any project as long as you include an Acknowlegment in your "About" dialog.
The full source code is also available for $50US, just drop me an email
This has a footprint less that 1/10th that of CEF (abeit without ALL the same features) :)
- bookMarks() : allows application to set or get all available bookmarked linenumbers
- bookMarkAdd(linenumber) : adds a bookmark to specified line
- bookMarkClear() : removes all existing bookmarks
- bookMarkNEXT : jump to the next bookmark (wrapping if required)
- bookMarkPREV : jump to the previous bookmark (wrapping if required)
- bookMarkREMOVE(linenumber) : remove the bookmark on specified line
- bookMarkToggle(linenumber) : toggle the bookmark on specified line
* GotoLine(linenumber) : jump to specified line if it exists
- Comments : set/get the color used for Comments designated by //
- GutterBackgroundColor : set/get color for Linenumber Gutter area
- Keywords : set/get color used to display Keywords in the text
- LineNumberColor : set/get the color used for displaying linenumber in Gutter area
- Numbers : set/get color used to display Number in the text
- QuotedText : set/get color used to display quoted strings in the text
- TextColor : set/get color used to display all other text
- TextFont : font used to display text [must be mono-spaced]
- TextSize : size of font used to display text
- Contents : set/get the contents of the editor
- KeywordList : set/get an array of keywords to highlight
- ShowGutter : show/hide the linenumber gutter
- ShowRuler : show/hide the Character Ruler
- ShowStatus : show/hide the position status line