Feedback 2018r1.1

A quick point release to fix some of the issues reported in Feedback 2018r1 is now available.

We’ve heard you regarding the Shared Feedback lists of cases, and how it has helped you to help Xojo - so we’re bringing it back. Our intent was to address regular misunderstandings about the meaning of these lists, which were often from users who don’t frequent the forum. In this update, we’ll do that via a clarifying message inside of Feedback while maintaining the functionality. We sincerely appreciate all the help and support- particularly from the long time users here on the forum!

This update also includes a button to quickly copy the case URL, and some other small fixes.

Guys, thanks a lot for listening to us.

<3

I like to hear more about the meaning of the lists.

The Xojo giveth, the Xojo taketh away, the Xojo gets beat about the neck and face by rabid users, the Xojo giveth back.

To everyone at Xojo: Thanks for listening. I really do appreciate all you do, as your efforts allow my efforts to pay the mortgage and keep food on the table. Keep up the good work.

i notice my mistake… that is why i delete my posting… i think i am too tired today…

I think they’re fairly well understood by many here on the forum. But we’ve had regular instances where someone assumed that a list meant that one thing must come after/before another, or that a case that was Active meant it was already fixed or going to be fixed in a specific version (regardless of status). I know that might sound a bit odd to those here, but it does happen.

We’re going to clearly define what they mean inside of Feedback going forward. Here’s what those will look like shortly:

User Favorites
These are cases as ranked by users in Feedback.

Newest
These are cases that have been recently filed.

Recently Active
These are cases with recent public notes or attachments.

[quote=414488:@Travis Hill]User Favorites
These are cases as ranked by users in Feedback.[/quote]

Thank you. I think that’s the first time I’ve really understood the value of feedback points.

Thanks for listening to users.

I like the term ‘User Favorites’, as opposed to ‘Top Cases’. Top Cases could imply high priority.

Thank for hearing the users.

I can’t say THANK YOU loud enough and hope you know that some of us just ranted so harsh because we LOVE your work.

THANK YOU for reverting some of the changes. <3 <3 <3 ???

[quote=414477:@Travis Hill]We’re working on a quick point release to fix some of the issues reported about the Feedback update.
[/quote]
I’ve seen many cases regarding small glitches in the new version already marked as fix, that is impressive and shows you are taking care.

Thank you. Honestly, thank you for listening. Again, I can understand the reasoning to remove the Top-Cases list but not the two other ones. Maybe limiting these features to pre-release testers would make sense as a compromise. I understand users that are rarely using Feedback and users having it open almost all-day long have different views and needs.

@Bob Keeney mentioned in another post about us being bad at communicating TO Xojo. And about bashing Xojo (Engineers) about their products. I think we all need to take a deep breath and be kinder to each other. I have know the Xojo staff for many years now and they have always worked hard at being open and honest with us. They have always sat down and listened to us ■■■■■, complain, whine, give thanks, etc (more of the former over the later in the list).

If Xojo didnt listen to us, we wouldnt be getting a new version of Feedback so quickly giving us the options that want.

I know from time to time I have been hard on various people at Xojo, because I was angry or upset or cranky or whatever. I have always tried to be fair but hell we are all human.

@Geoff Perlman @Norman Palardy @Greg O’Lone @William Yu @Travis Hill @Joe Ranieri @Paul Lefebvre @Jason Parsley and all the other engineers (that I cant think off of the top of my head and I apologize about that) Thank you for all your hard work. Thank you for being open and honest with us. Thank you for a product that makes my life easier.

Thank you!
–sb

Thank you Team Xojo for listening to the users.

Thumbs up!

One more request - please use the modGTK3 module for the Linux build. The current build gets a bit sloppy on a number of desktops.

<https://xojo.com/issue/54117>

Thank you for version 1.1

Unfortunately for me, Feedback ver 1.1 does not work on Yosemite. No viewer window opens on launch, and choosing File/New Viewer Window does nothing at all. If I click on a feedback link in this forum, to open in Feedback the viewer window does open, but it is improperly drawn and double-clicking on any case has no effect. I cannot view details on any case. Quitting the app always produces this Runtime error:

Condition: nullptr == mIterators

[quote=414702:@Richard Nicolella]Unfortunately for me, Feedback ver 1.1 does not work on Yosemite. No viewer window opens on launch, and choosing File/New Viewer Window does nothing at all. If I click on a feedback link in this forum, to open in Feedback the viewer window does open, but it is improperly drawn and double-clicking on any case has no effect. I cannot view details on any case. Quitting the app always produces this Runtime error:

Condition: nullptr == mIterators[/quote]
We are looking into this.

Unfortunately autologin in feedback (Windows version) doesn’t work anymore. Maybe you can look into that too.