drawing object in canvas with paint event

hello,
drawing object in canvas with paint event example posted by Paul Lefebvre doesn’t work under my Xojo 2015r1 release …

What “doesn’t work”? You’re going to need to give us more information if you expect to be helped.

I just opened it with Xojo 2015r4.1.
Replace ParentWindow.BitmapForCaching( with New Picture(, set Build Settings - OSX to 32Bit, and a DebugRuns works (on macOS).
For Windows, you might need to add a 3rd parameter in the replaced New Picture’s, such as: New Picture(w, h, 32). Maybe it works without that on Windows, because the Windows Build Setting “Use GDI Plus” is enabled (which should allow the Alpha/Transparent New Pictures).

I wouldn’t expect it to since it was updated for 2018r3 and now uses features that were not in 2015r1.

However, there is an older version of this project included with 2015r1. Go here:

Examples/Graphics and Multimedia/ObjectsInCanvas

And remember you can download 2018r3 and use it for testing purposes without a license.

<https://xojo.com/issue/53831> - Please make the history in the new docs available

[quote=413389:@Paul Lefebvre]I wouldn’t expect it to since it was updated for 2018r3 and now uses features that were not in 2015r1.

However, there is an older version of this project included with 2015r1. Go here:

Examples/Graphics and Multimedia/ObjectsInCanvas

And remember you can download 2018r3 and use it for testing purposes without a license.[/quote]
Understood Paul, my Xojo license is bounded to 2015r1, 2018r3 new features that were not in 2015r1.
Thank’s !