[Listbox] Storing a range of Cells in a single Column

I can display in a TextField (for example) what I want, but I failed to store them in an array variable.

This is due to the number of times MouseMove is fired (in a single second). Even when the Mouse does not Move, the Event is fired.

I do not found a way to workaround that.

All help ideas are welcome.

I have no idea what you are describing here

But:

[code]//mousemove event
static old_mouseposx as integer
static old_mouseposy as integer

if x <> old_mouseposx or y <> old_mouseposy then

//do something

//remember where we had the mouse last time
//so if the event is called again while the mouse has not moved,
//it is ignored
old_mouseposx =x
old_mouseposy = y
end if[/code]

Thanks Jeff.

You are right. It seems that I think a part and wrote the other part.

Using this LR tip:

Dim row, column As Integer row = Me.RowFromXY(System.MouseX - Me.Left - Self.Left, System.MouseY - Me.Top - Self.Top) column = Me.ColumnFromXY(System.MouseX - Me.Left - Self.Left, System.MouseY - Me.Top - Self.Top)

I was able to report in a TextField, the Row and Column I select using the Mouse (just like what I can do in the Excell application to select a number of Cells in a column.

I think I can modify your design replacing x with Row. I will try right now.

Now, it is System.DebugLog who is displaying as much entries as it can in a second !

The code is inside the If Block …

Bad day for me, I have to wait 'till tomorrow (and I already do a day break yesterday to go to Frieburg, Germeny !).

Feedback case 53995 may refer to this.

Jeff:

Maybe, but in my case, I drag nothing, I only press the Mouse in the Listbox and Move it vertically in a single Column (top --> bottom) for testings. I do not even checked bottom to top ! :wink:

It is in a specifically created project that have only one Listbox, a TextField and related code (for this “feature”). [the project logical size on disk is: 46KB]

I was scarse on comments in my question, sorry.

Listbox.MouseDrag:

If Previous_Row <> Row Then // location of the System.DebugLog line // and storage of the “unique” Row # End If

Edit: I copy the code in a new Event (MouseMove) and get the same result.