App Wrapper 3.9 and Notarization Update

I’ve spent the whole week working on this, it’s been difficult because of the lack of documentation, man pages help, but I don’t have a complete list of error codes and responses.

I was hoping to have this completed by now, however I’m now designing the 3rd iteration of the engine as this process is so painfully slow, and I was handling it synchronously. The thing is in a couple of hours, I’m off to the airport to pick up my sister, who’se going to be be staying with us for a couple of weeks, while it’s going to be nice to see my kid sister, it’s going to slow down my ability to complete this new engine.

I tried to Notarize App Wrapper, it uploaded in less than 10 minutes, but after two hours I was still getting the “In progress” response for analysis. So this “Notarization” process can be very very slow, and I would recommend NOT expecting it be instant like Code Signing.

Sorry, I know that there’s a bunch of you awaiting this functionality, I wanted to just let you know that I have been working on it and I will continue to do so, but the time available for me to work is going to be reduced.

Just an update, almost 24 hours after submitting to Apple, I’ve received an e-mail saying that App Wrapper will not be Notarized. They point me to look at the error report within Xcode, but as App Wrapper wasn’t developed in Xcode, the directions don’t reveal anything.

I will see if I can find another way to dig out the error report.

for an app I made, it’s just 5 minutes here.

If you‘d say how then that would be helpful …

Well, I just want to state that 2 hours is probably not normal and this may have run into a timeout at Apple.

[quote=412565:@Sam Rowlands]Just an update, almost 24 hours after submitting to Apple, I’ve received an e-mail saying that App Wrapper will not be Notarized. They point me to look at the error report within Xcode, but as App Wrapper wasn’t developed in Xcode, the directions don’t reveal anything.

I will see if I can find another way to dig out the error report.[/quote]
In the email they send is the request uuid. Use that to query notarization info, which should include a log file url. The log file is all JSON, but I believe it will have the information you need.

I have made a thread here at the forum how to do this manually.
I already Notarized my 3 main projects without any issues.

Some notes:
The step were you upload your .dmg can take a while and I got different responses:

• The process takes some minutes and you get a full log and an email the app is notarized.
  • The process is taking a very long time (up to 30 minutes) and you get full log and email.
  • The process takes a short time and you get a short log with ‘In progress’. In this case you need to wait a while before completing the notarizing. It some times responds that the log file is not found but keep trying until it does work. I ones tried +10 times before it worked.

Thanks, I did find that later on yesterday. Its funny how the API returns a plist; which then includes a link to a json file…

When I’m back at home and have the time I will then pass the JSON to get the error; I had a quick look at the JSON and the reason for the rejection is a tiny Apple Script app that’s compressed in the resources folder. App Wrapper uses this to perform a Dry Run, before it actually sets about processing your actual application.