Version of Visual C++ Redistributable with XOJO 2018R2

Hello,

Who is the best version of Visual C++ Redistributable for Xojo app compiled with Xojo 2018R2 ?

Regards

The only version is 2015. It is included with your Xojo installation in Extras/Windows Runtime.
You can also have it bundled automatically with a switch in later versions of the IDE.

[quote=409017:@Arnaud SICHEL]Hello,

Who is the best version of Visual C++ Redistributable for Xojo app compiled with Xojo 2018R2 ?

Regards[/quote]

NONE, just forget about it.

In the wild, it is a real nightmare to try. Maybe 35% of the pcs will have it already, another 30% will install it without problems, 25% will requiere LOTS of updates before you can install the runtime, and 10% will requiere to reinstall windows to install the runtime.

Is not worth it, just set the Include Windows Runtime DLLs property to ON (available on the “Advanced” (gear) tab of the Inspector).

There are many 2015 versions, the one that xojo uses is the 14.0.24215.1 if you want to try installing it.

Hello,

Thinks for your answers.

I will use the included DLL because I can’t install VC++ 2015 because I already have VC++2017 for an other app. VC++2015 et VC++2017 have different name but use the same principal version number !

Regards

Please source your statistics.