Old Program Recovery

1. 2 months ago

Years ago (2007-2010) I wrote a humongous MAC program for myself that was to be sold within a relatively small technical population. It didn't do too well. Too technical. So, the program languished and as time went on became obsolete.
    i now have a need for it again.

Is there anyone who maintains a working 2009 era Mac that I can at least get a copy of the source code. I wouldn't mind typing it in again if I had the code. (A major chore because of size, but necessary.)

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Roger C

Oct 3 Lewis Center, OH

This is a very confusing post. Was this app written in RB/RS? Even current Xojo will still open those files. What does the age of the computer have to do with “getting the source code”? What do you actually need from one of us?

3. Cliff A

Oct 3 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Charlotte, NC, USA

I have several around that age, but I believe it would be more the OS version you are looking for than the hardware - right?

4. Jeff T

Oct 3 Midlands of England, Europe

If 'the source code' is on a drive in an old machine, pull the drive, pop it into an external case, plug it into your existing computer, grab the source code file.

5. Eduardo G

Oct 3 Pre-Release Testers Europe (Madrid, Spain)

@Art P Years ago (2007-2010) I wrote a humongous MAC program for myself that was to be sold within a relatively small technical population. It didn't do too well. Too technical. So, the program languished and as time went on became obsolete.
    i now have a need for it again.

Is there anyone who maintains a working 2009 era Mac that I can at least get a copy of the source code. I wouldn't mind typing it in again if I had the code. (A major chore because of size, but necessary.)

Any help would be much appreciated.

If you're asking for someone with an Old mac capable of running realsoftware or xojo I have an iMac from late 2008 I use daily.

The post isn't fully clear, though, so you may be asking for something completely different :D

6. Sorry for the lack of coherence. I got really nervous when thinking the project was lost. Since the posting I have done much reading and found that maybe most can be recovered. There are considerable coding differences between my earlier program (RealBasic) and current techniques.

It appears if I work hard much can be salvaged.

FYI: The program computes radio coverage from complex antennas. It has a terrain database that spans the entire planet that permits determination of signal strengths worldwide.

To each of you - many thanks. Art

7. Paul R

Oct 5 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Kirkland, WA

@Art P FYI: The program computes radio coverage from complex antennas. It has a terrain database that spans the entire planet that permits determination of signal strengths worldwide.

Sounds like an application I developed 25 years ago: antenna beam patterns, a propagation model, and a terrain database (just the US in that case). In Borland Pascal for Windows (just before it became Delphi).

8. 7 weeks ago

Amy B

Oct 24 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Marietta, Georgia, USA.

I have a bondi blue iMac and a bondi blue iBook.

:P

(I am in Atlanta, GA)

or Sign Up to reply!