Runtime Error D2DFactory

1. 2 months ago

George A

Oct 2 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

Has anyone ever gotten this runtime error when your app is launched? I've had this reported a few times and could never figure out the solution. Xojo 2017 r2.1.
    -image-

2. Louis D

Oct 2 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Montreal, QC, Canada

That error comes from the OS . It is related to D2D.

One might suspect the Xojo framework to be at fault here, but since this is not widespread I would instead suspect that your users may lack some of the necessary resources on their computer.

• Perhaps the OS version? D2D became standard on Windows 7. if the user's OS is older, perhaps it is possible to update the system. there was a patch for Vista. I doubt that anything can be done if the OS is any flavor of Windows XP.
    • Perhaps also, their graphics adapter does not support D2D hardware acceleration. That would be quite old hardware.

You will need to dig a bit deeper to figure out what is happening with these users.

3. Christian S

Oct 2 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Germany

Xojo Framework makes a new D2D bitmap and that fails.
    Do you have a graphics card with Direct 2D support?

4. Julian S

Oct 2 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro UK

Feedback Case #52481

My test app (when built) produces an error almost on the same line as yours so its probably related. It looks to have been fixed in 2018r2.

5. George A

Oct 3 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

Thanks guys. I will release a new build with the latest Xojo in the next month and will see if that fixes the error. From what I can tell this happened on a few Windows 8 and Windows 7 systems. Probably something with the graphics driver but hopefully latest Xojo build will fix that. I wasn't doing anything special with the UI.

or Sign Up to reply!