No Preview in Linux...

1. 3 months ago

Gary V

Sep 27 Duncansville, PA

I have Linux Mint, 64, latest version of Xojo installed. When I try to run a Xojo web program to test it, the program immediatlely exits. However, when run under the windows version it runs fine.

Any one else seeing this?

2. Paul L

Sep 27 Xojo Inc http://docs.xojo.com

I am able to launch web apps fine with Linux Mint 18.3 64-bit with 2018r2.

If the web app is terminating immediately perhaps the port is in use on that Linux config? Try changing the Debug Port to something else.

3. 8 weeks ago

I agree to Gary,
    Xojo is made for Apple. Win ist ok, but the Linux version unstable, extremely slow and buggy.
    I use Xojo in a VirtualBox / Win10 and it runs stable, ten times faster and without memory leaks.

4. Eric W

Oct 19 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro
    Edited 8 weeks ago

Linux Xojo would be the best Low-Code in the Linux world if it wasn't for the memory leak which has been around for more than a year now - maybe two. Really slows things down but we deploy on Linux so we develop there too as part of our stability... Please, Xojo Inc. a little TLC for Linux IDE?

5. Greg O

Oct 19 Xojo Inc

@Gary V I have Linux Mint, 64, latest version of Xojo installed. When I try to run a Xojo web program to test it, the program immediatlely exits. However, when run under the windows version it runs fine.

Any one else seeing this?

Try “Run Paused” and then launch the binary from a terminal. It may tell you why it crashed.

6. 4 weeks ago

Eric W

Nov 12 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro
    Edited 4 weeks ago

Linux Xojo would be the best Low-Code in the Linux world if it wasn't for the memory leak

Have been using 2018R3 for a bit and although not yet perfect is much, much better. Thankyou!

or Sign Up to reply!