No Preview in Linux...

I have Linux Mint, 64, latest version of Xojo installed. When I try to run a Xojo web program to test it, the program immediatlely exits. However, when run under the windows version it runs fine.

Any one else seeing this?

I am able to launch web apps fine with Linux Mint 18.3 64-bit with 2018r2.

If the web app is terminating immediately perhaps the port is in use on that Linux config? Try changing the Debug Port to something else.

I agree to Gary,
Xojo is made for Apple. Win ist ok, but the Linux version unstable, extremely slow and buggy.
I use Xojo in a VirtualBox / Win10 and it runs stable, ten times faster and without memory leaks.

Linux Xojo would be the best Low-Code in the Linux world if it wasn’t for the memory leak which has been around for more than a year now - maybe two. Really slows things down but we deploy on Linux so we develop there too as part of our stability… Please, Xojo Inc. a little TLC for Linux IDE?

[quote=407639:@Gary Vassalotti]I have Linux Mint, 64, latest version of Xojo installed. When I try to run a Xojo web program to test it, the program immediatlely exits. However, when run under the windows version it runs fine.

Any one else seeing this?[/quote]
Try “Run Paused” and then launch the binary from a terminal. It may tell you why it crashed.

Have been using 2018R3 for a bit and although not yet perfect is much, much better. Thankyou!