Could not execute javascript: Unexpected identifier

My app works well according to my tests.
A colleague try to test it and got this error

Could not execute javascript: Unexpected identifier
Xojo control… … deleteAllRows()

I looked at the forum and found something similar back in 2014 version.
I use 2017R2.1, so I 'm puzzling about.

Is there related to the fact if the user has or not updated its browser? I don’t think so, as I have tested my app in Windows XP and works fine.
So, any thoughts about?

Michael, this is like calling your auto mechanic and saying “My car makes a noise…, then a louder noise… and then it stalls”. Without giving us specific info, there’s almost no way that we can help.

First of all, don’t truncate the error message to a single line. It would be more helpful to get the first three at least.

We also need to know what controls are on the page where the error occurred because DeleteAllRows is a method on several kinds of controls.

In terms of old browsers, it’s unlikely unless you’ve specifically overridden the unsupported browser event in the Session object.

you also should provide on which browsers you and your friend are working and if you have some custom controls or custom javascript.

You alright, but this is the way I got the error report from the user. I hope that maybe some other had already confronted the same, so to be advised without more details about the error. I will email her instructions about how to report the bug.
While most my pages has more than 1 control, this page expecially has only a weblistbox and a tooltip related add-on.

I use custom controls but I m using chrome/windows 10 and never got this error.
Be back later with more details.
Thank you from now

Try implementing the JavaScriptError event on the Session object. Then you’ll get the reports from the users directly.

It is already implemented and all are logged in a db.table but can’t find the deleteAllRows string.
I will delete all past entries and try to catch it next time.

Question: The errors.log in apps directory which xojo produces contains all report-errors or just the last one?

[quote=406470:@Michael Batakis]It is already implemented and all are logged in a db.table but can’t find the deleteAllRows string.
I will delete all past entries and try to catch it next time.[/quote]
You won’t get anything if the user presses Cancel.

Items should only show in the errors.log file if you haven’t implemented that event.

You might not. With custom controls, if there are things done wrong, the custom controls can cause problems with the built in controls. Things get even worse with round trip latency, which could explain why you never see the error when locally testing, but your remote users are.

Searching the forum for possible causes…
I moved all code in Pages.Open and WebContainers.Open on a timers (each) with a delay of 400ms/once.

I just test the app remotely and server’s logs were clear.
My app is running smoothly, so I consider problem solved!
Thanks to all for your advices.

Tim, never got that errors when testing remotely. Maybe it was a matter of cleaning the client’sbrowser cache from previous app instances in memory but not sure…

Searching the forum for possible causes…
I moved all code in Pages.Open and WebContainers.Open on a timers (each) with a delay of 400ms/once.

I just test the app remotely and server’s logs were clear.
My app is running smoothly, so I consider problem solved!
And moved to Xojo2018.2
Thanks to all for your advices.

Tim, never got that errors when testing remotely. Maybe it was a matter of cleaning the client’sbrowser cache from previous app instances in memory but not sure…

Tim, you are right. I finally found the the DeleteAllRows() I got, refers to custom control.
I managed to fix.