Xojo Core Functionality (run / build) not working for iOS project

Cant figure out what the problem is. When I left off on Friday, the program would run and it would build. I open this morning to start working again and no matter what I do, the run button and the build button is disabled. Not sure what the problem is. Anybody else had this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

This may be related to the fact that I updated xCode today which added support for iOS 12.

Have you run Xcode after it updated? That is necessary to make sure required components get installed.

Yes I ran it again after it updated. Then I tried shutting down Xojo and restarting the project. Tried restarting MacBook. Tried opening up Xcode and reconnecting the project and xCode will not allow me to click on the project as if it does not recognize the project so I can ad hoc it. Nothing working. The previous project that I connected in Xcode is not showing as missing. When I go into the file location, it is in the file. Xcode is not recognizing the Xojo project anymore.

Uninstalled Xcode and reinstalled also now and it still didn’t fix the problem. Uninstalled and reinstalled Xojo and did not fix problem. Tried starting new iOS project and right off the bat the buttons are disabled.

I believe if you’re not running 2018r2 then it won’t work with Xcode 10

I am running 2018r2. It was working on Friday. It’s not working today.

I would delete your xojo license for the suspect computer from your online account and have it re-install it. Sounds like something may have gotten corrupted there.

I can run and build a project for windows and for Mac with no problems. If I go to my iOS Project, it will not enable the buttons. When I create a new iOS project, the buttons are disabled. I deleted everything Xojo off my Mac and reinstalled. Signed in again and updated the license key. Still having the same problem.

Is there a simulator device selected in the build settings? I’ve had that get magically unselected before and cause a conundrum.

Yes. Changed to each different type of device listed and none of them would enable the buttons.

It sounds like you updated to Xcode 10, which is not supported in Xojo 2018r2 (but will likely be in a future update of Xojo). You can download and install Xcode 9.4.1 from here:

https://developer.apple.com/download/more/

I have the same problem. It has happened to me before when Xcode was updated. The iOS simulator is no longer linked to Xojo. I think the simplest solution is to right click on applications and rename Xcode to Xcode 10, reinstall Xcode 9.4.1, then rename it. so it doesn’t get clobbered again. At least, that is what I am about to try.

The last time, it was down to the command line tools not being set up correctly in Xcode Locations

Gavin Smith put me on to this: “Hi Philip, open Xcode Preferences on each Mac, and check the Locations tab. What is shown for the Command Line Tools setting?”

I. HAD the same problem as Jeffery Lemons. Here is how I solved it:

1. Right clicked on Applications folder and then renamed Xcode to Xcode 10

2. downloaded and installed Xcode 9.4.1 from here:
    https://developer.apple.com/download/more/

3. Downloaded and installed the Command Line tools for Xcode from the same location

4. Opened up Xcode (now 9.4.1)

5. Opened Xcode -> Preferences -> Locations

6. Set Command Line tools to Xcode 9.4.1

7. Closed Xcode, Closed Xojo, reopened Xojo and ran my iOS application again

That worked for a short time, now I am getting this error every time I try to build or run the program.

Linking Executable
ld: -pie can only be used when targeting iOS 4.2 or later

That’s because you can’t currently build for iOS on Mojave. We’re working on that.

[quote=407974:@Jeffery Lemons]That worked for a short time, now I am getting this error every time I try to build or run the program.

Linking Executable
ld: -pie can only be used when targeting iOS 4.2 or later[/quote]
That’s because you can’t currently build for iOS on Mojave. We’re working on that.