ListBox gridlines disappeared and then re-appeared?

I’m trying to track down a bug, and the already released fix for the bug. It IS fixed (I’m pretty sure), but I’d like to know why and how? Am I using the Xojo Feedback application incorrectly?

A while back, I was surprised when a ListBox I had created with gridlines lost those gridlines when Apple released a Mac OS Update. (It was a Macintosh desktop Cocoa 64-bit application.) I did a little research (on this Xojo Forum) and discovered that this was supposedly an Apple problem, not my (programming) problem, and not a Xojo problem. This made sense since it was the same program being used before and after an OS update that showed and didn’t show the gridlines.

But then, a new Mac OS update was released, and my old program still did NOT show gridlines. I would have guessed that if Apple had the problem, they would have fixed it, and I’d suddenly see gridlines again, but I didn’t.

Anyway, just recently (using the latest Xojo 2018r2), I recompiled that app (with no other changes) and noticed the new app showed the missing gridlines again whereas the old app still did not. This would seem to indicate the missing gridlines was a Xojo bug (not mine, or Apple’s?) and that Xojo obviously found and fixed the bug. And, I’m trying to verify the truth of that statement.

So, again, I did a little searching, this time, using the Xojo Feedback (bug-reporting) application, searched for “gridlines”, “missing gridlines”, “listbox gridlines”, and found a few bug reports that seemed to be about this problem (see bug report numbers: 48186, 51508, 51783, 51848.) If you look at them, you’ll see indications that the bug was verified, found and fixed! (good news!) But, I still couldn’t find info on the actual fix or when it was released, for which Xojo version.

So, I went to this page (http://developer.xojo.com/release-notes) in hopes of finding actual info on changes that were made to some recent Xojo version, but came up empty.

Anyway, that’s the story. Does anyone know what was actually fixed? Was that fix documented in a Release Note for a certain version that I missed? Did I not use the Feedback app correctly? (is there a way when it says “verified and fixed” to find out in what release the fix appeared?)

Thanks!

[quote=405441:@Ken Winograd]Anyway, that’s the story. Does anyone know what was actually fixed? Was that fix documented in a Release Note for a certain version that I missed? Did I not use the Feedback app correctly? (is there a way when it says “verified and fixed” to find out in what release the fix appeared?)

Thanks![/quote]
I usually look at the post date (when they say that the bug is fixed). I think it should be more than 2 weeks before release to enter the final release (I guess only “show-stoppers” get fixed within the last 1-2 weeks).

<https://xojo.com/issue/48186> shouldn’t (99% of the time) concern you as its a windows only anti-aliasing issue: see more here Fractional Scale Factors – Xojo Programming Blog

<https://xojo.com/issue/51508> is still active and currently not fixed.

Are you able to replicate your problem in a simple project and upload it, we might be able to offer a solution for your situation if you can.

Thanks Alberto and Julian for chiming in. But, I guess I’m still confused, since my old mac app (compiled with Xojo 2017r21) still does NOT show the gridlines, but my new app (with no changes, except compiled with Xojo 2018r2 DOES show the gridlines. So it sure appears to me something was fixed even though you say the feedback case is still open. So, I still have a bit of a (happy) mystery. I’ll figure it out one day.

I seem to remember this being fixed. Maybe there were more than one report.

Edit: Perhaps this one? <https://xojo.com/issue/50336>

Thanks Greg. The feedback case you mentioned seems like the right one, and it does say (at the bottom) that the problem has been verified and fixed as of April 17, 2018. And that’s good because from my point of view using the latest Xojo release, it DOES appear to be fixed. But, there were 3 new Xojo releases since the date the problem was “verified and fixed”, so presumably the fix made it into one of those 3 releases. And, so, I went to this page (http://developer.xojo.com/release-notes) and looked at the 3 new Xojo releases since that date, and none of them reference the gridlines problem or the particular Feedback Case#50336. So, I just wonder why I’m not able to decisively determine what fix was made and in what Xojo version it first appeared. Is it typical that some bugs get fixed but are NOT listed on the release notes? I know this may be making too much of something small, but I always like to be sure…

If you look at the top of the case, you can see which release it was in.

Thanks Greg! Not sure how I missed it, but that’s exactly what I was looking for. Now the only mystery is why I, knowing now the fix was implemented in 2018r1, can’t find that fix listed in the Release Notes for 2018r1. (and, after what you just did, I won’t be surprised if you find it and tell me where I missed it…but I can’t find it) Thank you Greg!

Because it wasn’t there until Greg fixed it a few moments ago :slight_smile:

The status hadn’t been moved to the “& Verified” status which makes that happen.

Aye, I assume that means it doesn’t make it into the patch notes either?