Hello feedback...

1. ‹ Older
  2. last week

Emile S

Sep 14 Europe (France, Strasbourg)

And an account is hard to get for these kind of people ?

3. Thom M

Sep 14 Pre-Release Testers Greater Hartford Area, CT

@Emile S And an account is hard to get for these kind of people ?

Open source would not change anything about the API. Technically, nothing is stopping you from writing your own client right now. You'd have to reverse engineer the API to make your own requests, but open sourcing the client doesn't change that.

4. Sascha S

Sep 14 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Germany/W'haven

And it hit me again. Wanted to report another Beta Issue and my report is lost because of:

lib.database.php(738): Database error: "ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: ""
    LINE 1: ...th,mime,note_id,unique_id) VALUES ('Selected.png','','',4196...
    ^" (0)
    SQL: INSERT INTO attachments (filename,length,mime,note_id,unique_id) VALUES ('Selected.png','','',419629,'B1L16J');

Now can't login anymore.

I am sick of writing FR over and over again... :(

5. Thom M

What irks me about the issue is that it should be a very quick fix in the PHP code. The issue is the attachment length is being input as ‘’ instead of a usable value.

6. Markus W

Sep 14 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro #JeSuisHuman Germany, Heidelb...

@Thom M What irks me about the issue is that it should be a very quick fix in the PHP code. The issue is the attachment length is being input as ‘’ instead of a usable value.

Who wrote that PHP / Feedback code and did not try if it works?!?!

Get your pitchforks and … oops …

7. Thom M

@Markus W Who wrote that PHP / Feedback code and did not try if it works?!?!

Get your pitchforks and … oops …

Well PHP is an odd language. It’s more than likely a side effect of something else. For example, if the file size is not available, the value may be null. Convert the variable to a string so it can be added to the SQL, and that null becomes an empty string. So the issue is more likely that the file size can’t be determined for some reason.

8. Greg O

Sep 14 Xojo Inc Somewhere near Raleigh, NC

@SaschaSchneppmueller And it hit me again. Wanted to report another Beta Issue and my report is lost because of:

Now can't login anymore.

I am sick of writing FR over and over again... :(

Don’t add the attachment right away when you create the case. Just add it afterward.

9. Beatrix W

Sep 14 Pre-Release Testers Europe (Germany)

@Greg O'Lone: and when does the user usually remember about this fun fact? Too late. I have experienced the behaviour, too, and you can guess once what happened with this Feedback report. It went into the bin. Is the bug so hard to fix?

10. Sascha S

@Greg OLone Don’t add the attachment right away when you create the case. Just add it afterward.

Something i would NEVER tell a Customer of mine as a solution...

11. Tanner L

is not verified Sep 14 Pre-Release Testers Toronto, Canada
    if timeSpentDefenestrating > timeToFixTheDarnBug then
      fixTheBugAlready(please)
    end if
  12. Dana B

Sep 14 Xojo Inc Austin, Texas

@Beatrix W @Greg O'Lone: and when does the user usually remember about this fun fact? Too late. I have experienced the behaviour, too, and you can guess once what happened with this Feedback report. It went into the bin. Is the bug so hard to fix?

We have resolved the issue and it will likely ship in the next release of Feedback.

13. Sascha S

@Dana B We have resolved the issue and it will likely ship in the next release of Feedback.

Thank you. To be honest; after a restart of the Feedback App my Report has been recovered and posted. But not seeing such a bug in the first place sounds much better. ;)

14. Sascha S

@Greg OLone Don’t add the attachment right away when you create the case. Just add it afterward.

I know how you meant it and i thank you for just trying to help me. Please excuse. :)

15. Tim H

Sep 14 Pre-Release Testers Portland, OR USA

Am I the only one who reads the title of this thread and completes it in their head with "... my old friend"?

16. Thom M

@Tim H Am I the only one who reads the title of this thread and completes it in their head with "... my old friend"?

Probably.

17. Dave S

Sep 14 San Diego, California USA

@Tim H Am I the only one who reads the title of this thread and completes it in their head with "... my old friend"?

yeah... cuz "feedback" and "friend" have never been two words I have assoicated together......

18. Tim H

Sep 14 Pre-Release Testers Portland, OR USA

Too much Simon and Garfunkle, I guess. :)

19. Julian S

Sep 14 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro UK

As it was intended :)

or Sign Up to reply!