Too Many WebToolbarButtons?

Is there a limit to the number of WebToolbarButtons in a WebToolbar? I have a toolbar with 14 buttons. When I add another button in the IDE, it shows up in the IDE but not in the running app. I’ve tried it with and without an icon, but it just doesn’t appear. I’ve tried moving it around, even putting it as the leftmost button in the toolbar, yet it still doesn’t appear. I’ve quit and restarted Xojo, but it still doesn’t appear.

Is there something I’m doing wrong, or is this a bug? I added this button the same way I added all the other buttons (i.e. by clicking on the + sign in the top left of the toolbar).

Xojo 2018r2, macOS 10.12.6 (Sierra)

Thanks!

Update: this is getting really weird. If I delete the Toolbar from the webpage, it disappears in the IDE. But then when I run in debug mode or in the build app, the Toolbar is still there.

Is it possible some reference to the old Toolbar is hanging around in the page? This is happening on every page, by the way.

EDIT: I am definitely not instantiating this Toolbar in code. Perhaps I should be doing that rather than placing it on the page in the IDE?

There’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to put them directly on the page.

OK, so I’m putting them on the page. Then why, when I delete it from the page, does it disappear from the IDE but still show up in code? I’ve also tried 2018r1.1 which has the same problem.

I don’t know. Please file a bug report in Feedback and we’ll take a look.

Sorry @Greg O’Lone , this was a complete user !@$#up.

I have this same project running live on a server in the AWS cloud, and in the app.HandleURL event I redirect to the SSL URL.

Of course, running in the Xojo debugger, that code fired and redirected Safari to the cloud site. So none of the changes I was making locally showed up, because of course I wasn’t looking at the local site.

Moral: ALWAYS LOOK AT THE BROWSER ADDRESS BAR!

Sorry for wasting your time. :frowning:

On the other hand, one of the reasons I continue to use and promote Xojo is that I can get a response from an engineer within minutes at 10 pm on a Sunday night. Amazing support, thank you!