Toolbar Icon Transparency - isn't

Started a project that I knew would end up on Windows but I prefer to do the initial work on a Mac.

Have a common toolbar that appears on several windows - the icons are png files with a transparent background - edited in Photoshop CC.
Looks good on the Mac.

Looks good in Windows when building the toolbar object but when I run the app in windows (Win10 running under Parallels on the Mac) the icon backgrounds are now white.

Is this a problem or do I need to set something on the Windows side.

( I’m haven’t worked on Windows, seriously at least since XP - a little with 7, so I’m not a windows expert)

i think you need a mask for the png.

You shouldn’t. PNG files have alpha channels.

[quote=400943:@Bill Plunkett]Started a project that I knew would end up on Windows but I prefer to do the initial work on a Mac.

Have a common toolbar that appears on several windows - the icons are png files with a transparent background - edited in Photoshop CC.
Looks good on the Mac.

Looks good in Windows when building the toolbar object but when I run the app in windows (Win10 running under Parallels on the Mac) the icon backgrounds are now white.

Is this a problem or do I need to set something on the Windows side.

( I’m haven’t worked on Windows, seriously at least since XP - a little with 7, so I’m not a windows expert)[/quote]
File a bug report with a sample project so we can look at it.

Try a Right Click on each Icon Picture in the Navigator and convert the Pictures to ImageSets. Then use the ImageSets instead of Pictures for the ToolBar. :slight_smile:

@Sascha S was correct. Converting to Image Set solved the problem - thanks Sascha.