SSL Standalone on Windows

Does anyone have the instructions for getting the cert working on Windows for a Standalone web application? I have the cert file from the registrar, but I don’t have the “private key” to complete the file Xojo needs. I’ve done this in the past (last year) following some instructions, but for the life of me I can’t find them.

I’m at a loss, and my application is currently down until I can get this renewed certificate from GoDaddy updated on may application.

Thank you in advance!

We use Nginx to handle the cert.
We are using a wildcard cert from GoDaddy and forward the subdomain to the standalone app. The other benefit is that the user does not have to enter the port number on the url. You can see it in use at sbmobile.wiseforklift.com

Gary thank you for the suggestion, that is where I want to go, but not what I have today. I really just need to get a simple, single instance of my application up and running on Windows Server again.

Reverse proxy behind IIS http://developer.xojo.com/iis-deployment it’s quick & easy.

The certificate is a renewal? Maybe it could work with last years private key?

Edit: you said Godaddy, maybe this will help? https://youtu.be/PyIu6dNqY6M check around minute 22 about private key

That did it Alberto…though now I’m seeing other strange behaviour, the SSL is working on the site. Thank you!

For the others, I will look at a better way to manage this so I don’t have to go through this pain next year. :slight_smile:

[quote=399848:@Robert Litchfield]Does anyone have the instructions for getting the cert working on Windows for a Standalone web application? I have the cert file from the registrar, but I don’t have the “private key” to complete the file Xojo needs. I’ve done this in the past (last year) following some instructions, but for the life of me I can’t find them.

I’m at a loss, and my application is currently down until I can get this renewed certificate from GoDaddy updated on may application.

Thank you in advance![/quote]

On Godaddy, you can re-key without having to renew the certificate. This way you can generate a new private key and get a new SSL certificate. The only issue may be that it revokes your current SSL certificate.

Or, is this what you are looking for? Standalone SSL Setup

Tim, I already understood all the instructions from XOJO. What I was missing was how to generate the information that the standalone app needed in it’s .crt file. With Alberto’s help I was able to figure it out.