new embedded sqlite server

After much blood, sweat and tears, but not necessarily in that order, I have produced an embeddable SQLite server for Xojo.

It is a set of components that you can drop into your application and, after setting a few things, you have an SQLite server ready for use. The client components are modeled after Xojo’s SQLiteDatabase components as closely as possible, but there are some differences. Everything is written in 100% Xojo so it does not require a database license. It was developed with 2018r1.1 and OS X Sierra. Some light testing has been done on Windows and it does appear to work okay.

This is for lightweight applications with low number of concurrent users and does not currently support SSL. If you need more than that, I recommend CubeSQL.

I have posted a demo here. Demo includes sample applications,documentation, and client source code. Server code is encrypted and will only run in the Xojo IDE.

A formal announcement will be coming in the next few days as well as purchasing information. I just wanted to get it out there and get some feedback on it. I’m sure there will be some issues as its hard for me to fully test things with just one machine and some VMs, but I have spent a lot of time stress testing it.

I’m figuring probably $75 for the paid version, which includes full source code for the server and the right to deploy as many custom servers as you want. A sample server and two sample client applications are included.

This is my first Xojo release, so please be nice. :slight_smile:

But I do want to hear criticisms as well. :slight_smile:

Phil

The external item “SocketErrorConstants” is missing.

Ugh, this what happens when you use shared code. Don’t do that. :slight_smile:

Download has been fixed. Try it again. Thanks.

Phil

PDTSQL can now be purchased here

Phil