Windows Declare Book updated (July 2018)

I Wish I Knew How To… Implement Declares with Xojo on Windows has been updated to version 2.4, July 2018. There are 21 chapters and the book contains more than 500 pages with over 95 example programs.

Declares are used to extend the commands and capabilities of Xojo to allow more functionality and options. For those who have purchased previous 2.x versions, this is a free update.

Added content to Version 2.4 (July 2018) are:

Added GetMessage (Example21-1) - 32-bit and 64-bit compatible
Added PeekMessage (Example21-2) - 32-bit and 64-bit compatible
Added PostMessage (Example21-3) - 32-bit and 64-bit compatible
Added SendMessage (Example21-4) - 32-bit and 64-bit compatible
Added GetMessagePost (Example21-5) - 32-bit and 64-bit compatible
Added GetMessageTime (Example21-6) - 32-bit and 64-bit compatible
Added tagMSG structure (Example21-1) - 32-bit and 64-bit compatible
Added PointAPI32 structure (Example21-1) - 32-bit and 64-bit compatible

This book is a PDF document and all examples include Xojo code. No plugins are needed with this book. The Table of Contents has a listing of all examples in the book, and is on the authors website at http://scispec.ca , in the books header.

ISBN: 978-1-927924-10-5

This book can be purchased at http://xdevlibrary.com

[quote=398209:@Eugene Dakin]I Wish I Knew How To… Implement Declares with Xojo on Windows has been updated to version 2.4, July 2018. There are 21 chapters and the book contains more than 500 pages with over 95 example programs.

Declares are used to extend the commands and capabilities of Xojo to allow more functionality and options. For those who have purchased previous 2.x versions, this is a free update.

Added content to Version 2.4 (July 2018) are:

Added GetMessage (Example21-1) - 32-bit and 64-bit compatible
Added PeekMessage (Example21-2) - 32-bit and 64-bit compatible
Added PostMessage (Example21-3) - 32-bit and 64-bit compatible
Added SendMessage (Example21-4) - 32-bit and 64-bit compatible
Added GetMessagePost (Example21-5) - 32-bit and 64-bit compatible
Added GetMessageTime (Example21-6) - 32-bit and 64-bit compatible
Added tagMSG structure (Example21-1) - 32-bit and 64-bit compatible
Added PointAPI32 structure (Example21-1) - 32-bit and 64-bit compatible

This book is a PDF document and all examples include Xojo code. No plugins are needed with this book. The Table of Contents has a listing of all examples in the book, and is on the authors website at http://scispec.ca , in the books header.

ISBN: 978-1-927924-10-5

This book can be purchased at http://xdevlibrary.com[/quote]
You ought to update the description on xdevlibrary. It says “This book is Version 2.2 (June 2017).” in the fourth paragraph.

Thanks for catching the error Greg. I’ll get it updated.

Much appreciated!

Such a great book to have, How should I go about requesting a free update of it? Should I email @Marc Zeedar or is there already an established method for requesting the free update since I just recently purchased the September 2017 Ver 2.3 copy from him?

Thank you!

Contact Marc, I am sure he will sort it for you.

Thanks @Paul Budd , will do.

There are two general options to get the free update:

1. In your original purchase on Xojo Library, re-download the original file that came with your purchased book, it should download the latest version of the book and the example programs.
  2. If there is an issue with your link or the book, then contact Marc at: support at xDevLibrary.com. You’ll need to assemble the email address, and this is to prevent bots from email spamming.

If I remember correctly, after a few days Eugene updated the Excel book I got an email from xDevLibrary to tell me that a free update was available.

Same here. Really cool service actually.

For some reason I never get emails about updated books and I have bought all of Eugene’s books
I always end up emails Marc and yes he is very professional and helpful but it would be easier if I got the updates

[quote=398410:@brian franco]For some reason I never get emails about updated books and I have bought all of Eugene’s books
I always end up emails Marc and yes he is very professional and helpful but it would be easier if I got the updates[/quote]
Hi @brian franco,

Sorry to hear that you haven’t been receiving email updates. Could I ask you to reach out to Marc at ‘support at xDevLibrary.com’ and ask him to check on your account information? There may be some updated books for your library :slight_smile:

wonder if you got the right brian.

@Marc Zeedar took care of the free update in a heartbeat with zero problems. Such great service!

Thank you everyone,
Lewis

Did you receive an email Brian O’Brien with the 'at’brian franco reference on the forums? If you did then let me know and I’ll make a feedback case.

Or I’m that popular :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nope! :wink: