How To Deploy Web Apps to IIS

I am trying to deploy a web app on the latest IIS web server. I find the XOJO documentation on deploying to windows pretty spars and incomplete. Does anybody have any step by step instructions for deploying web apps to IIS. For example how to configure IIS to run CGI. I cannot get my web app working on IIS.
Thanks

wich version of iis?

iis8?

Derk - Yes
Thanks Dave

We don’t provide step-by-step guides for configuring any web server; there are just too many variables to take into account.

I do have a very rough doc that lists steps for IIS, but it is not complete and certainly not supported. I can send it to you if you like, just shoot me an email: paul@xojo.com.

With that said, I really don’t recommend IIS for running Xojo web apps. You’d probably be better off installing Apache on Windows instead.

[quote=33988:@Paul Lefebvre]We don’t provide step-by-step guides for configuring any web server; there are just too many variables to take into account.

I do have a very rough doc that lists steps for IIS, but it is not complete and certainly not supported. I can send it to you if you like, just shoot me an email: paul@xojo.com.

With that said, I really don’t recommend IIS for running Xojo web apps. You’d probably be better off installing Apache on Windows instead.[/quote]

You have the one i send to you before?

If you need a PDF explaining what you need to use stand-alone on iis (even with SSL it’s possible without trouble).
I have one, just PM your email.

Derk
It would be great to see the pdf. Email me @ dbagno@mac.com
Thanks
dave

Yes, the one @Derk Jochems put together is probably a better way to go.

@ Derk: Would it be possible to publish a download link for your PDF?

Here some links which I saved for myself some time ago:

CGI - the MS official site
Enabling FAST CGI on IIS
Setting up CGI support on IIS
How to …

[quote=34023:@Oliver Osswald]@ Derk: Would it be possible to publish a download link for your PDF?

Here some links which I saved for myself some time ago:

CGI - the MS official site
Enabling FAST CGI on IIS
Setting up CGI support on IIS
How to …[/quote]

I’ll put up a Web Application for sharing my documents later.
For now i’ts by email or direct link (i’ll post it here)

[quote=34020:@David Bagno]Derk
It would be great to see the pdf. Email me @ dbagno@mac.com
Thanks
dave[/quote]
You’ve got mail.

Paul you may use if (and convert it to the Wiki if you’d like).

Derk Jochems please email me a copy of your instructions. steve.koger@greenbush.org

Thanks
Steve

Could you please email me a copy as well? (fotis.georgiadis@me.com)

Thanks in advance,
Fotis

[quote=34190:@Derk Jochems]I’ll put up a Web Application for sharing my documents later.
For now i’ts by email or direct link (i’ll post it here)[/quote]
Samesame: I would love to receive it as well, to this email address: forumxojo@shopmail.ch
Thanks a lot!

If it is possible, thank you send it to me too! xojodev@icloud.com

Thank you very much Derk! it works.

But, as with Apache, sometimes my application gets stuck on the message “launching …”.
(When launching the application in the browser)

This happens only in reverse proxy.

Jeremy has found a solution for Apache:

https://forum.xojo.com/3132-help-with-apache-proxy-and-virtual-hosts

SetEnv force-proxy-request-1.0 1 SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1

But I can not find for IIS. Anyone know how to set these variables in IIS?

[quote=41176:@olivier vidal]But, as with Apache, sometimes my application gets stuck on the message “launching …”.
(When launching the application in the browser)

This happens only in reverse proxy.[/quote]

With Abyss Webserver (Windows, Reverse Proxy), it works perfectly, without adjustment to make.
I had forgotten that their designer had adapted their webServer to Xojo :slight_smile:

Hello Derk,

Could you please email me a copy as well? (abhimmit@gmail.com)

Hi Derk,

Could I have a copy of your instructions as well please tim.knibbs@knibbs.com

Thanks